...you mean a gold digger??😉

John & Ginny

2008 HitchHiker 37CKRD

2011 GMC 3500 HD, AirSafe hitch

S&B Millersville, MD

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, packnrat said:

my knees are saying stop this crawling around stuff.

I thought having a cot in the tent would help. Nope. Way too close to the ground for my knees to not complain.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

you must pull a trailer to have a cot along for the ride.

for me motorbike camping = min on everything. including weight. now if i could just find a way to dump this unwanted 60 pounds, it would help much more than fuel millage.

my moto tent can even be set up on the bike. to grab a short nights sleep. very light weight sleeping bag. but yes a self inflating mattress.

i even searched high and low for light weight stool and table. cooking is done at the fire ring. or set up the tiny stove on a bolder, (no bending over).

and yes when i could ride a pedal bike i was a weight weeny. i still have my mt bike a full sprung (and not a judy in sight) under 20 pounds.

12 hours ago, packnrat said:

i even searched high and low for light weight stool and table. cooking is done at the fire ring. or set up the tiny stove on a bolder, (no bending over).

We have an aluminum roll-up-to-fit-in-a-bag table we bought at REI. I would not consider it backpacking equipment but it might work for a motorcycle trip.

I just checked rei.com and they have lots of tables including some very light weight that might even work for backpacking.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

already have bought for this, both table and chair are tripods in design. small light easy to pack. table top is cloth, (with built in cup holder). so no real heat usage there. but add in a small plywood top and good to go.

but for the bike i try to go sparse, as the stuff/weight adds up fast. water takes up the bulk of carry weight. one bike holds six gallons of fuel, so good to go there. the other seven gallons. both get a good 50 mpg each. but if needed it is easy to add in a spare fuel carry.

35 minutes ago, packnrat said:

already have bought for this, both table and chair are tripods in design. small light easy to pack. 

Ah, it was not clear to me that you had already done this.

Linda