Texas Route Help

brunsje

Folks,

We will be driving Southbound on 287 from Amarillo to Dallas.  

Our Trucker Atlas says there is a low clearance situation at the intersection of 287 and 325 in Wichita Falls.

We are 13'6" in height.

Should we be concerned or do we have old data.

Thanks, JohnnyB

2014 ShowHauler Motorhome 45'

Jacksonville Beach, FL

7 minutes ago, brunsje said:

Folks,

Our Trucker Atlas says there is a low clearance situation at the intersection of 287 and 325 in Wichita Falls.

We are 13'6" in height.

Thanks, JohnnyB

Are you exiting onto Spur 325 or continuing south on US-287?  We drive this route twice a year and see 18 wheelers on US-287 all the time.  I sure don't remember seeing any huge warning signs on US-287 north or south warning on a low bridge of 13.6 or lower.  I would expect to see those signs. 

Does the atlas give the height of the bridge and say if it is on US-287, on Spur 325 or on an local street going under the limited access highway?  

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I drive from Dallas to Vernon (childhood home town) once a year on 287.  You'll have no problems in Wichita Falls if you are on the freeway. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I live in Dallas area.  I drive this stretch of US287 4 to 5 times a year.  US287 is a busy trucking route.  You will have no problems.  Keep in mind many oversized loads (wind turbines mostly) go up/down this highway all the time.  If you get off the highway then it is no different than anyplace else.  Just be aware of what is around you as you never know what may hanging over those secondary streets.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2017 at 6:35 PM, brunsje said:

Folks,

We are 13'6" in height.

Thanks, JohnnyB

We came down US-287 a couple of days ago and saw the intersection of 287 & Spur 325.  It has a clearance of 15'5" in the center of the arch supporting the road above. 

You would have to have one side of your vehicles up on the curb to get close to the 13'6". 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived