I-10 west from Louisiana and 105 today Escapees road conditions?

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have left south Florida and are now at Escapees Rainbow Plantation. We are headed back to our homebase in Livingston. Does anyone know of recent road conditions going west into Beaumont, TX. We then travel 105 to 146 to get to the Escapees in Livingston. I have heard that the are fuel supply problems in the south Louisiana and southeast Texas area. We'll be stopping somewhere west of Baton Rouge, so If I can top off the fuel tank I'm go to go until we reach Livingston. Praying for the folks in the pTh of Irma.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

11 hours ago, chiefneon said:

Does anyone know of recent road conditions going west into Beaumont, TX. We then travel 105 to 146 to get to the Escapees in Livingston.

I would not be in any big rush to move as the TX-DOT still shows I-10 as closed and under water but projects it to open today. If it were me, I'd wait at least a couple more days and be sure. The roads that are open are very busy with traffic working on the recovery and supplying those in need so I'd not add to the problem. We have been helping to collect supplies for the community of Orange which a neighbor and his son are transporting into the community and as he returned for another load yesterday, he reports that access is still limited and controlled and that traffic on the open roads is heavy. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

30 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

I would not be in any big rush to move as the TX-DOT still shows I-10 as closed and under water but projects it to open today.

IH10 has been opened for three days.  Your link clearly shows it open, with water covering the service roads only.  Dark blue means closed, light blue shows other issues.

State highway 105 in Beaumont area is congested with much traffic from helpers cleaning out thousands of flooded homes.  Also, power was still out for traffic signals last night.  You can use State 105 but it is slow in places.  Your route is very doable.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

We left from near Baton Rouge on Thursday, took Hwy 190 to I-49 north to Hwy 6 west at Natchitoches.  No problems getting gas in LA.  Once in Texas took Hwy 21 up to Nacogdoches. Got gas at a country store 5 miles before Nacog.  Gas in Nacog was hit or miss, no lines but some stations were out.  Then drove to Clerburne and got gas there.  No lines but every station had all but a couple of their pumps out of service.

No problems with the roads along that route.  Very little hurricane damage that way since it puts you north and east of the flooded areas.  Also keeps you from interfering with any recovery operations.

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

Howdy!

Thanks everyone. We are now in Breaux Bridge, LA staying at Cajun Palms RV resort for a week. I topped off the fuel tank on the truck so we have plenty of fuel to make it to our homebase Escapees in Livingston. 

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

Cajun Palms in Breaux Bridge or Henderson? What's your take of Cajun?

We just left Breaux Bridge and stayed at Pioneer Acadian Village.

As much as the gated park was pretty nice and reasonable and the staff is very welcoming and helpful. The I-10 Traffic wasn't normal traffic sound. It hummed like when a tornado is arriving. Like a freight train. I asked at the office if there was a train near by and she said no...it is from the traffic. She said she put us almost to the back so it would be muffled but it that was muffled I surely didn't want to find out what it was like in the forward spaces. We were there 4 days.

Currently in Biloxi for a week but then heading back through Louisiana and need to go to Texas near Dallas. Our original plan was to also visit Livingston for the first time but with the storm issues, I guess we should avoid it and skip that idea. Have to work on planning something else for  our ventures back to Vegas. We need to arrive there Nov 15.

Blessed Travels,
Judi, John, Peanut and DeJae' (Our baby girl DeJae passed 7/21/2019)

12 hours ago, Dejae said:

Currently in Biloxi for a week but then heading back through Louisiana and need to go to Texas near Dallas.

While there are still a lot of people from south TX in shelters in the Dallas area, there should be no problems visiting the area. One thing to be aware of is that the state park campgrounds have been made fee free for those from Hurricane Harvey refugee areas and those people do get priority in reservations. Some of the parks are full even up in our area along I-20. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks Kirk....we will be sure to call ahead to see if we can get reservation. We are actually headed for McKinney to go to MCD. I guess that really tells me to skip Livingston...I am assuming no availability there either!?!?!?

Blessed Travels,

22 hours ago, Dejae said:

Cajun Palms in Breaux Bridge or Henderson? What's your take of Cajun?

We just left Breaux Bridge and stayed at Pioneer Acadian Village.

As much as the gated park was pretty nice and reasonable and the staff is very welcoming and helpful. The I-10 Traffic wasn't normal traffic sound. It hummed like when a tornado is arriving. Like a freight train. I asked at the office if there was a train near by and she said no...it is from the traffic. She said she put us almost to the back so it would be muffled but it that was muffled I surely didn't want to find out what it was like in the forward spaces. We were there 4 days.

Currently in Biloxi for a week but then heading back through Louisiana and need to go to Texas near Dallas. Our original plan was to also visit Livingston for the first time but with the storm issues, I guess we should avoid it and skip that idea. Have to work on planning something else for  our ventures back to Vegas. We need to arrive there Nov 15.

Howdy!

We like Cajun Palms as we've stayed here before. It's located at the Henderson exit, but when I asked them about receiving mail forwarding they advised me to use the Baeux Bridge address. No problems with freeway noise and we love the great Cajun in the area. 

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

19 hours ago, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

We like Cajun Palms as we've stayed here before. It's located at the Henderson exit, but when I asked them about receiving mail forwarding they advised me to use the Baeux Bridge address. No problems with freeway noise and we love the great Cajun in the area. 

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Thank you....

Blessed Travels,

Archived