Comfort Ride Hitch 184 vs. TrailerSaver BD3

cwr

Getting our first fifth wheel soon; narrowed my hitch choices down to the Comfort Ride 184 or the TrailerSaver BD3. Just interested to hear the community's thoughts on these two and how they compare. My trailer will be a 41-foot, 14,000 lb GVWR with a factory-reported pin weight of about 2,700 lbs. Thanks.

Charlie

Full-time nomadic, self-employed Xscapers!

47 minutes ago, cwr said:

Getting our first fifth wheel soon; narrowed my hitch choices down to the Comfort Ride 184 or the TrailerSaver BD3. Just interested to hear the community's thoughts on these two and how they compare. My trailer will be a 41-foot, 14,000 lb GVWR with a factory-reported pin weight of about 2,700 lbs. Thanks.

What size dually trk will you be putting the hitch in? 

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

2 hours ago, jc2 said:

What size dually trk will you be putting the hitch in? 

We haven't purchased the truck yet, but if all goes as planned, it will be a 2011 or newer F-350 DRW, ideally with the factory "puck" tow package, 6.7L diesel.

Charlie

Full-time nomadic, self-employed Xscapers!

I have the 245 because I needed something to handle 19 to 20K.  I looked at all the Air Ride hitches, but wanted something that didn't need air all the time.  I've had no problems with the 245 and it's next to impossible to not hitch properly as you can't close the jaws and insert a padlock into the hole without a King Pin in place.  You just have to experiment with the cells until you get the ride you want.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy  3500HD High Country DRW 4X4 Crew Cab w/Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood RW39MBL, Disk Brakes, MORryde IS & Pin Box, Comfort Ride Hitch, Level-Up Auto Level System, 17.5" Sailun H Tires, Onan 5.5K Genny, Dual ACs with Heat Pumps, Winegard Travler Slimline Automatic Dish, Splendide Stacked Washer/Dryer, Sleep Number bed, Residential Fridge and Induction Cook Top

Archived