Comfort Ride Hitch 184 vs. TrailerSaver BD3

cwr

Getting our first fifth wheel soon; narrowed my hitch choices down to the Comfort Ride 184 or the TrailerSaver BD3. Just interested to hear the community's thoughts on these two and how they compare. My trailer will be a 41-foot, 14,000 lb GVWR with a factory-reported pin weight of about 2,700 lbs. Thanks.

47 minutes ago, cwr said:

Getting our first fifth wheel soon; narrowed my hitch choices down to the Comfort Ride 184 or the TrailerSaver BD3. Just interested to hear the community's thoughts on these two and how they compare. My trailer will be a 41-foot, 14,000 lb GVWR with a factory-reported pin weight of about 2,700 lbs. Thanks.

What size dually trk will you be putting the hitch in? 

2 hours ago, jc2 said:

What size dually trk will you be putting the hitch in? 

We haven't purchased the truck yet, but if all goes as planned, it will be a 2011 or newer F-350 DRW, ideally with the factory "puck" tow package, 6.7L diesel.

I have the 245 because I needed something to handle 19 to 20K.  I looked at all the Air Ride hitches, but wanted something that didn't need air all the time.  I've had no problems with the 245 and it's next to impossible to not hitch properly as you can't close the jaws and insert a padlock into the hole without a King Pin in place.  You just have to experiment with the cells until you get the ride you want.