Florida Hurricane Assistance Needed

On 9/6/2017 at 11:32 AM, Mntom said:

She decided that since the predicted tracks of Irma are on the east side and she is on the west side, she will shelter in place.

Is there any news yet? Have you said where she is located? Watching on TV this afternoon, I can't help but wonder about her.......   :(

EDIT: I just read the first post again and see that she is in Lutz, which is just north of Tampa. It isn't there yet as it is currently in Naples and heading north at 9 miles/hour. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I fear she made a bad move staying. Our Nephew left Friday night from Sarasota Fl. And made it to to Birmingham Al 16 hours later. And on to Tn sat am. He talked with one of there guards at work at 2pm. He was told not to look at getting back to work for a few weeks. Guy told Rob, it was looking like most of that part of Fl. Was not going to be left standing. And the Guard was praying he made it out alive. This guy had stayed through 5 others. But Sounds like he may know his luck has ran out.

Praying he along with anyone else still there come through ok.

event.png

I have several friends in the Tampa/Brandon area.  All are fine sans power.  News reports claim some could be without power for weeks.  I lost it for only 22 hrs.  Some others a few streets from me lost it for less.  Others a few streets the other direction are still without.  

Friends in Delray Beach are over 24 hrs without power.

No doubt south Fla got it the worst.  

The eye passed directly over our place in Bowling Green (45 miles SE of Tampa).  From the reports I have read, we had winds of 80 to 100 MPH.  Our neighbors have said that our park only received minor damage.  I am looking forward to a more detailed report in the next day or so.  By moving inland, rather than up the coast, the storm lost strength faster than anticipated and lessened the storm surge.

I am really glad that we decided to evacuate early.  We left Florida in June and rode out the storm in Pennsylvania... :D

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

I am in Great Falls MT hosting at a Famcamp. My sister and I have a condo on Marco Island...the complex got a heavy hit. We are a unit on the 6th and top floor. We are waiting to hear how our unit faired. My son is a Deputy in Sarasota Co on the Emergency Response Team. He was on the road from 1130pm the night of the storm until 1230 the next day. When he returned to his condo by I75 and University Blvd his place was fine, no damage and he had power. They sent 5 guys from his team to Naples to help out for 2 weeks.  Saw some pix of a park home park in Naples hit hard but you saw all levels of damage. One unit would be fine and the one next door flattened!

Don Kostyal

CMSgt, ret USAF

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Archived