Escapees Mail Service

bobsallyh

I called to give the "NEW" instuctions requested in the email.  Stated the new instructions were,"Send the mail every Wednesday to the address I then provided by USPS".  All the bright light on the phone wanted to accept was USPS was not currently working and did I want UPS or FedX to take the mail.

Took three direct, last one being stern, requests to get her to wirte down and save the NEW instructions to start when USPS restarted.

AND my NEW instructions were the same as the old ones.  Why they could not restart with the existing instructions when USPS restarted UNLESS we wanted the mail sooner sure bets me.  And no mail till each and everyone issues new instructions is going to take a while for the very many users to provide them.  That is a lot of phone calls or emails and manhours to get done.  Plus once UPS leaves with the existing mail, no new mail till USPS restarts and brings more to them.

Am I missing something here?

For those of us that are moving around (which is a LOT of their clientele) if they followed the instructions I sent last week and didn't get it sent out until after Labor Day, WE WOULD NOT BE HERE.   Sorry that you were inconvenienced, but I appreciate that they will wait until we tell them where we are going to be next for enough time to have the mail get to us.    And good grief, give the person on the other end of the phone a break (and why not just send an email) I think they have been through a lot in the past few days and deserve a break.  That many days of unending rain, even if it doesn't flood in their immediate area, is a lot to take.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

In today's Banking & bill paying on line and paperless with everything on line.
Amazes me how many still need snail mail.

When I go on my summer trip for 5 months. A friend puts what little mail I get in a Walmart plastic bag.
When I get back to my winter spot it is less then 1/2 full.

That has worked for over 18 years now.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

24 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

And they will get them out as soon as they can.  Have you called to ask about FedEx or UPS to get them to you sooner?  

No, I'm good for now. Just pointing out that certain items have to be handled through the conventional mail (responding to Biker56 "Amazes me how many still need snail mail.").

If these items get time-sensitive I'll contact them about FedEx or UPS, but for now I'm guessing that they are plenty busy!!

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

1 hour ago, mptjelgin said:

My September license tags for the truck are currently sitting in Livingston, as well as a prescription. Can't get either of those things on line!!

Renew tag stickers does come by USPS. I get mine for 2 years at a time. I have until Oct 2018 for next renewal.
You can renew tags up to 3 month before owners birth-date

Prescriptions I stop by the nearest Walmart for them. I turn down the renewal by mail they keep offering me for less $$.
I get refills every 28 days and get ahead for those times I want to skip a week or so.
I turn down those 90 day refills.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

1 hour ago, Al F said:

As Barb suggested, send an email to Escapees Mail and stop messing with a phone call.  With an email you can give explicit instructions that don't get incorrectly written down via a phone conversation. 

Howdy!

I've tried to use e-mail to receive our Escapees mail. When I tired it last year I received no response from them for a week so I called. At that time they advised I should call them as the e-mail system was down. Haven't used the e-mail system after that.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

17 minutes ago, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

I've tried to use e-mail to receive our Escapees mail. When I tired it last year I received no response from them for a week so I called. At that time they advised I should call them as the e-mail system was down. Haven't used the e-mail system after that.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

We've been using email for 10 years,  Never have had a problem.  I get a response usually the next day telling me when it is scheduled to go out, then a notice when it goes out with the tracking number.  10 years and the only hiccup was the post office putting our mail under K instead of O because they evidently didn't understand what the apostrophe was all about. ;)

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I have used the Email service for last 3 years and normally i have provided mail delivery address(es) for a period of 1 to 8 weeks. Never had a problem with Escapees Zip code 77399. I also receive an acknowledgment that received my message. I couldn't ask for more for the Escapees Team.

The USPS is a difference story so I use only Priority Mail resulting normally 2-4 day delivery to NW Illinois where first class has taken 13 business days.

For packages I generally know where I will be or plan to be a week out and call ahead to confirm they will hold if I don't make to that destination.  Medicines I refill with Walgreen's with no problem.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

10 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

the post office putting our mail under K instead of O because they evidently didn't understand what the apostrophe was all about. 

Some folks think that the OK in your ID here means that you are from Oklahoma!  :D

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I've always used the online form to send my mail instructions and haven't ever had a problem with them responding or sending the mail.  Like others, the only problem we've ever had with mail is on the USPS end.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, jackarnold said:

does escapees do monthly? not ready yet for yearly service! But that's what their fees appear to be based on.

All mail forwarding services like Escapees are setup under the Post Office's rules and regulations.  These regulations require certain forms to be filled out and filed at start up.  Additionally at shut down the mail forwarder is required to keep the account open for, I believe 6 months, in case mail continues to come to the location.   Keep in mind these places don't "forward" the mail, like the post office does.  They collect the mail, repackage it and mail it to a location you specify. 

Based on that the service is not something that can be started and stopped on a monthly basis.

Additionally I am not sure how you are going to change your addresses places of businesses (banks, credit cards, magazines, etc) to send your mail to a place for a month or two and then have the business change the address. 

HOWEVER, the Post Office does offer such a service.  First if you are only going to be away for 30 days or less the post office will hold your mail and deliver all the held mail when you return.  Secondly they offer a "for free" forwarding service to forward your mail to a specific address.  They also offer a fee based forwarding service, that I have not used so don't remember the details.  Much more info on USPS.com website.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

8 hours ago, jackarnold said:

does escapees do monthly? not ready yet for yearly service!

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are here to help and we will do our very best to do so.

Most mail services do have an annual fee, but there are some exceptions. I did some searching and found one that has a 3 month minimum and one that is monthly but at a much higher cost.

• All mail received is forwarded (including all "junk mail") via US Mail/FedEx • only occasional packages or special handling • 24/7/365 secure encrypted online account access 
$149 annually plus tax and postage fund (Minimum $100)
Quarterly vacation plan $14/month with 3 month minimum
One Lifetime $25 start-up fee per account.

Because we no longer are able to stay on the road all of the time but now have a home-base residence, we continue to subscribe to the Escapee mail service as we did when on the road, but my mail is sent to our home address and when we travel I visit the USPS and do a temporary mail forwarding order to Escapees for the time we will be traveling. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I didn't receive any messages from Escapee about my mail, I have emailed them three times requesting information about my mail that should have been forwarded first of September and have not received an answer to any of them.  Curiously my copy of Escapee magazine was received last week with no problems.

Bill

2002 Ford F-250 SD CC 4X4

2011 Forest River Wildcat 313RE FW

Over the last 5 years I email Escapees very time I want my mail forwarded and have always received a reply to my request. 

Please call Escapees and work with them to find out exactly why they, either have not received your emails or you have not received their replies.

Have you checked your Spam folder on what ever service you use for your email?  Escapees emails may be in your  Spam folder. 

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

good idea about the spam folder.

wohtex, that is unusual in my experience and I would place a phone call if you don't find the answers in your spam folder as suggested. I have been using the mail service since March 1997 and have had no issues.  I did have a little problem related to my ineptness on computers. I never used one until I believe 2002.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:17 PM, wohtex said:

I didn't receive any messages from Escapee about my mail, I have emailed them three times requesting information about my mail that should have been forwarded first of September and have not received an answer to any of them.  Curiously my copy of Escapee magazine was received last week with no problems.

Bill

There are two options for the Escapee Magazine.  One is to have it sent to a specific address and the other to hold it at the mail service and send it to an address you specify.

If the the magazine is set up to automatically go to an address, then of course you would have received it, it is an automatic mailing.

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

Archived