Side Lights

crazybanshee

2007 Volvo 780 Ultrashift Trailersaver Hitch
2017 Momentum 397th
3 Yamaha Banshees
2 Honda 400EX's
Polaris Outlaw 50

Polaris Outlaw 110 EFi                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2018 Polaris RZR S 1000 Stealth Black
2019 Polaris RZR S 1000 Titanium Matte Metal

2015 Polaris RZR S 900 VooDoo Blue

https://i.imgur.com/e0ajU8Pl.jpg

8 hours ago, crazybanshee said:

Depending on the year of your truck,  you may get any error....i did on my 07 when I tried to put on the clear led side lights... the original had a standard automobile bulb (1156 maybe? )....had it at the dealer for a few other things,  and they looked into clearing the error for the led to work,  but couldn't get it to work....

Found an easy enough fix though... wired in a socket to accept the original bulb, i wrapped it with some high heat material and tape just to be sure it did not get too warm,  and tucked it in the hole,  then mounted the led.... works like a charm and no error now! Just got to remember to check the inside bulb for a burn out if you get the error again.

I was thinking along those lines. Maybe use one of those 50 ohm load resistors to fool the LCM. It does tell me when the bulbs are burnt out.   Thanks for the reply.

2007 Volvo 780 Ultrashift Trailersaver Hitch
2017 Momentum 397th
3 Yamaha Banshees
2 Honda 400EX's
Polaris Outlaw 50

Polaris Outlaw 110 EFi                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2018 Polaris RZR S 1000 Stealth Black
2019 Polaris RZR S 1000 Titanium Matte Metal

2015 Polaris RZR S 900 VooDoo Blue

https://i.imgur.com/e0ajU8Pl.jpg

Use a Bosh style relay.  Key the relay from the marker/tail light circuit that is on the LCM.  Power the new lights from a 12V wire to the battery buss with a fuse.  No issues with LCM as it accepts the relay coil resistance with no issues.  This way you can run all the accessory marker lights you want - LED or conventional.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Archived