RV Trip Wizard

Brad & Jacolyn

I am looking for a replacement for Streets and Trips and I just ran across RV Trip Wizard. This is something you have to join and I thought I would ask here if anyone is using this before I spend $40 for the subscription (especially since I have everything plotted through Mar. 2018.)

Thanks.

Brad 

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Looking forward to the answers to Brad's question!  I lost my Streets and Trips when my computer crashed earlier this yr.  Google maps works, but I can't store anything (not that I know of) for future trips.

Please let us know what you are using. 

Was that $40 bucks a one time thing Brad?

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I plan to use Streets until I can't load it on the computer. I have tried to use Garmin Base Camp and it will be my next step. I just use Streets for an idea of the distance and the roads. I will check out cgs to make sure some are around. I use it each night to plan the next day. I use other products to find cgs and things to do.

I am not sure about RV Trip Wizard. I wish they had a 30 day trial. I like what they do, I just think the price is high. I may be worth it but I can't try it unless I pay for it. I may change my mind when we full time later this year. Maybe just try it for a year and see, part of my problem is we stay in PHX for 4-6 months each year so I don;t want to buy it until I need it.

1 hour ago, HERO Maker said:

Looking forward to the answers to Brad's question!  I lost my Streets and Trips when my computer crashed earlier this yr.  Google maps works, but I can't store anything (not that I know of) for future trips.

Please let us know what you are using. 

Was that $40 bucks a one time thing Brad?

Rocky I think it is a yearly fee. There are still downloads listed for Streets and Trips on Google. I don't know if that would help you or not. I also have a POI file for S&T. It is to big to forward but maybe we can put it on a thumb drive while in Hutch and try that.

I was just starting to investigate something new but I'm all plotted thru Mar 2018 so I'm in no hurry to spend any money unless someone else is happy with it. May have to check out GS planning tool. I already us it for finding campgrounds.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

I've paid for RV Trip Wizard but, have found that it is NOT "intuitive" and has a steep learning curve. It has supposedly been "improved" recently (but I haven't had time to study it). In my opinion, the map is small and too cluttered, especially if you'd be using it on a small screen device. Right now, I don't think RV Trip Wizard is worth its' $40 price tag.

Brad, thanks for the offer.  May take you up on that at the Rally.  My next routing is pretty familiar.  In Rye, CO. now and will be headed to Hillsdale Lake in Kansas next week, then on up to Indiana to pick up new chairs made by Lambright, then back to Hillsdale, and then on to Hutch.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

We use a Garmin Dzel device and Base camp software to route the trip. Best thing we've tried. However, The Find function is really lousy, like the database is not connected to the map. And a few other things kinda like that. Trying to reroute on the fly is nearly impossible. Pretty much have to stop & start over,

Google used to let you set up an account and you could save maps to that account, as well as sharing them with other folks. Haven't tried that in a while but its worth a try.

Paul & Paula

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

I use a trucking app to do my navigation. The "One20" program is free app that I have put on a Samsung tablet. I can plan trips and it stores all my previous trips as well. It is a trucker app so it shows truck stops and even my campground destinations. It keeps you on roads that are approved for commercial trucks so that you will clear all bridges and roads that our rigs should not go down. The best part is that it is free. It uses Google maps and will even route you with Google earth if you want. 

Terry and Lindsey

and our Border Collie Daisy Mae

2008 Select Suites 36 TK3

2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab DRW

Fulltimers since May 20, 2015

Archived