Solar Eclipse in Albany, OR

Barbaraok

We drove up from Sutherlin (Timber Valley) this morning.  Left about 6:20 am, drove with almost no traffic clear up into Albany.  Found a lovely little city park, joined maybe 50 others, were all set up by 8:30 am.  If you ever get a chance, do it.  Have been in partials before, but totality is REALLY different.  BIG temperature drop, street lights came on, oohs, awes, clapping, whistling, etc. from everyone there.  And all to soon sun was back out and temperature started back up.   We were 4 blocks from an Elmer's, so dropped in for breakfast -got there just ahead of the crowd.  While the trip north took about 2 hrs, it was SLOOOOW coming back south, 3 1/2 hrs.   So, if we can still get around in 2024, we'll try for another check on the bucket list.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We're in central FL and got about 75-80%. Watched most of it on TV and then went outside to see it. I thought that we would get more darkness than we did. It really was only like when the sun goes behind clouds and dims a little. After watching it on TV, I wish we had made plans to travel to N. Georgia and see it in totality. Hopefully we'll be able to catch it in 2024. That sounded so far off, but I realized it's only 7 years.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver-(the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ
2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

Archived