Leveling Jacks

dirtrunner0519

I would like to build something so i can level out the rig. I wanted to see opinions on using something like this an air over hydraulic cylinder rated at 8T. I would use four of them on all corners. I would use an air suspensions system to control all four corners, and level using simple level gauge in the truck and on the bed, making all four corners independently controlled. I cannot justify spending  4-5k, when I can build something for 500-700.  

Leveling Jack.JPG

I think you're going to find what you are describing (automatic leveling) as a bit more complicated than you describe.  
If you just want to manually level, that would be possible for the $5-700 you want.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

I've got an HWH hydraulic leveling system pump and solenoids, w/reservoir I'll sell. Note only has 3 solenoids, prob from a MH. Possible a 4th could be added. PM me if interested

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

2 hours ago, dirtrunner0519 said:

I would like to build something so i can level out the rig. I wanted to see opinions on using something like this an air over hydraulic cylinder rated at 8T. I would use four of them on all corners. I would use an air suspensions system to control all four corners, and level using simple level gauge in the truck and on the bed, making all four corners independently controlled. I cannot justify spending  4-5k, when I can build something for 500-700.  

Leveling Jack.JPG

What will prevent it from leaking down and going out of level?

You might want to check with some folks who are familiar with your trailer and its frame and see if they would advise jacking it up only by the corners. It seems you might cause structural issues if the frame flexes too much due to too much distance between the supporting jacks.                                                                           Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

4 hours ago, dirtrunner0519 said:

Leveling Jack.JPG

These jacks don't work upside down, is load return (rod pushed in by hand) and needs to be manually locked/unlocked....wouldn't be my choice.

With hyd. leveling (wheels off the ground) stability is more important than leveling.

A dealer may sell this for less,

http://www.shop.thebigfootleveler.com/Wireless-Control-Manual-Stabilizing-4-Point-Heavy-Duty-System-WC-TT.htm

2011 Cameo 34SB3

I looked into the idea you have a couple years ago.  And after figuring what time I would have into the design and fabrication, I bought a Big Foot system.  With what it does and how it does it, it made sense to buy somethiing that was already engineered and designed for my needs.  I found it on their website for 10% off.  That was just the deal maker I needed.

Marcel

Archived