Knights Key RV Resort closes for good

Retiredin1993

http://www.flkeysnews.com/news/local/article160896869.html

With a beautiful ocean view, it’s easy to see why the Knights Key RV Resort and Marina property had so many visitors in the past five decades.

It’s also easy to see why the 24-acre piece of land at mile marker 47 oceanside in Marathon is prime real estate for a new 199-room resort and 30 workforce housing units.

Unfortunately for campers, Sunday was the last day to vacate the RV grounds. It opened in 1962 and was a popular spot for RVs, boaters and tent campers alike, some who were regulars for 30 years.

Ron
US Army retired
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2016 Ford F150 XLT

• 3 weeks later...

Such a sad day.  We spent the month of December there for about the last 5 years, and I am grateful for all the great memories staying there over the years.  Randy and Deb were the best, knew everybody by name and treated you like family.  I am glad to hear they are landing in a new job they will like.  I am glad we skipped this past winter so our memories are of the good times and not after they started with the bulldozers. 

That was the last nice affordable spacious campground in the keys.  There are nicer ones, but crazy expensive.  There are cheaper ones, but you are crammed shoulder to shoulder with permies on tiny spaces.  And none with better people.  It will be missed.

Archived