CPAP Users

dkgood

My wife has had a CPAP since 2005 and I have had one since 2015.  We use dish soap once a week and a vinegar soak once a month and everything stays nice and clean and looks and acts new for years.  We see no need for a special device and another thing to store in our RV.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

39 minutes ago, Bill Joyce said:

My wife has had a CPAP since 2005 and I have had one since 2015.  We use dish soap once a week and a vinegar soak once a month and everything stays nice and clean and looks and acts new for years.  We see no need for a special device and another thing to store in our RV.

X2 (although we only have 1 CPAP in the family... and it's not mine...).

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

I've seen the TV adds for this device. The convenience sounds great while at home; but in the RV, I think Bill has the best maintenance solution.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I haven't tried one and won't. It doesn't clean anything. It blows some ozone through the hose and unit which might be enough to kill fungus and bacteria. To me there is no substitute for actual cleaning with detergent and disinfectant.  

Ozone in a high enough concentration damages plastic. Don't know if the concentration from the device in question is that high or not.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

Every 90 days or so I get notified that its time to order new bipap supplies. So it's been dish soap and hot water for me. Guess I'll soak in vinegar too. Not much help was l ?

2009 Crossroads Cruiser Patriot C32BL 5er,

2018 Ford F350 Srw diesel. Curt 20Q slider hitch

Lewisburg, Tn.

I have a SoClean and I have used it for quite awhile (2-3 years?). I found it helped quite a bit to go from having to clean the hose and all daily to weekly or so. Very helpful when boondocking! I have the SoClean 2 GO so it travels well and it is small and light. The ozone never caused me any problems and it didn't make me have to replace my mask or hose any more often that usual, much less often than Insurance allowed. I recently got a new machine that has a heated hose that blows air gently for awhile in the morning after I get up, so I only have to clean my hose once a week anyway and the water chamber is much easier to pull out and clean so I no longer use it. Plus I would need to get a different adapter and it just wasn't worth it. But for the time I had it with the older machine, I really appreciated it. And, yes, every week or two I would wash it all thoroughly, but I never did do a vinegar soak. Might be a good idea, that, especially for the hose. :-) Hope this helps!

CPAP User for almost 6 years and never had any problem of doing a little daily and weekly cleaning of my mask. Daily mostly is rinsing the mask with the hot distilled water from the water cavity and air dry. Weekly the mask is soap cleaned. I try to clean or replace my CPAP filter weekly. I wash my straps more often than doing anything with the hose. If fact the straps are more frequently replaced than the hose.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I have had a cpap for 4 years now. I use water out of the tap and clean the beast ever so often..clean the mask a bit more. I use essential oil in the water..was told that they would hurt the machine..haven't seen it yet. I am able to run the humid all night on battery power in the 5th..added a 12 v power supply in my bedroom.

have used it in 3 countries so far..I never leave home without it :)

. Arctic Fox 29-5T

. Beagle co-pilots - Faffy and Lulu

Archived