Gas tank venting?

2005 Southwind

Another possible issue is the fill hose going to the tank.  If it is kinda flat going from the side of the coach to the tank, the pump may be pumping faster than the hose can handle.  Keep in mind fuel pumps have changed since your coach was originally built.  Now pumps have vapor recovery systems and it takes very little back pressure to shut the pump off.

I run into this very same problem even with my new coach.  My fuel tank is between the frame rails.  So the fill hose is long and kinda flat/horizontal.  If I pump fuel too quickly it will shut off the pump before the tank completely fills.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

48 minutes ago, RickW said:

Another possible issue is the fill hose going to the tank.  If it is kinda flat going from the side of the coach to the tank, the pump may be pumping faster than the hose can handle.  Keep in mind fuel pumps have changed since your coach was originally built.  Now pumps have vapor recovery systems and it takes very little back pressure to shut the pump off.

I run into this very same problem even with my new coach.  My fuel tank is between the frame rails.  So the fill hose is long and kinda flat/horizontal.  If I pump fuel too quickly it will shut off the pump before the tank completely fills.

You could try raising your left rear coach corner before you leave the drivers seat to fuel up .

Goes around , comes around .

Archived