Goodyear Endurance Tires

dsimpson

I was at Discount Tire yesterday and another customer was telling me about a new tire that Goodyear introduced earlier this year.  The guy at the register confirmed what he said.  This post on the Forest River forum describes this tire in more detail.  The 255/85R16 replaces my Goodyear 614 but is only about half the price ($192 vs $353).  The only drawback is the Endurance has a higher profile than the 614 so these tires cannot be mixed - I would have to replace all tires, including my spare.  The next time I have to replace two or more tires, I may switch to the Endurance.  The Endurance 255/85R16 is a load range E at 80 psi but has a load rating of 4080 lbs.  Here is the Goodyear specs

On 6/2/2017 at 11:31 AM, dsimpson said:

I was at Discount Tire yesterday and another customer was telling me about a new tire that Goodyear introduced earlier this year.  The guy at the register confirmed what he said.  This post on the Forest River forum describes this tire in more detail.  The 255/85R16 replaces my Goodyear 614 but is only about half the price ($192 vs $353).  The only drawback is the Endurance has a higher profile than the 614 so these tires cannot be mixed - I would have to replace all tires, including my spare.  The next time I have to replace two or more tires, I may switch to the Endurance.  The Endurance 255/85R16 is a load range E at 80 psi but has a load rating of 4080 lbs.  Here is the Goodyear specs

Details but important info.

The G614 is a Load Range G LT type tire

The Endurance line is ST type and tops out at LR-E. 

You need to compare both size and load capacity. Also if considering a switch from ST to the G614 you need to confirm in writing that the wheels you intend to use are capable of 110 psi CIP.

If you read the Forest River thread be sure to read to the end as some solid and correct information on comparing different tires.comes toward the end

Check out my Blog www.RVTireSafety.NET

I serve on Tech Advisory board of FMCA as their Tire Expert.

Give three different seminars on tires at RV events and I also give three seminars on Genealogy too.

Archived