My NEW Home

On Friday 6/2 my wife and I are signing papers on a new trailer. We wanted a bigger trailer so we found one we both like. Here is the trailer we are buying: http://www.coatesrv.com/New-Inventory-2017-Forest-River-Hemisphere-346RK-Hugo-Minnesota-1950864   It's going to be nice going from a 24' to a 34'. Gonna take a bit to get used to the 38 1/2 foot length! I'm looking forward to getting it!

VisitedStatesMap.gif

6 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Congrats on the new home! You are going to be in for a big surprise when you get a 30+ foot HDT and hook up. Think about 65 feet going down the road.

:)

If I took my 28" and put my 16' boat behind that I was almost exactly 65' long. I am looking forward to having some room and a more comfortable trailer. Now to see what my little truck thinks of it...........

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Congrats! If it is coming with those 15" tires that are on the spec info, we wish you luck that you have no issues with them. I would at least get tire monitors and maybe a 2nd spare. Check them regularly for any unusual tire wear and replace them if you do, don't wait till they blow.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

7 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

Congrats! If it is coming with those 15" tires that are on the spec info, we wish you luck that you have no issues with them. I would at least get tire monitors and maybe a 2nd spare. Check them regularly for any unusual tire wear and replace them if you do, don't wait till they blow.

Dave

I recently upgraded the tires on an enclosed trailer from the supplied 15" on 5200# axles to 16".  Same lug pattern though.  The difference in how it tows was AMAZING and the peace of mind knowing that I am in a position of having excess capacity, read safety margin, is very comforting.  I imagine that it is similar to those that have gone from those dreaded Load Range Gs on 16" wheels to the Load Range Hs on 17.5" wheels.  

Wish I had done it sooner.

Marcel

• 3 years later...

Congratulations with this acquisition. I've always dreamed about such a trailer, I will use your link to find one. It is great that it has such length and has so much space and I'm sure you'll handle it. Make sure to always keep safe valuable goods, like this one. I had an unpleasant case with my house and returning my money for damage (from an insurance company) was a horrible procedure. Thus, always choose a good insurance company. When I was searching for a new one, I found this service https://www.moneyexpert.com/home-insurance/ . You can check this when considering insurance for you property, I am sure the service will save you some money and health!

Edited by adamsc_1980
more details which might be useful for author.