Page Change??

oletimer

In the past I would click on new content and get everything new(I think in the last 24 hours). Now I click on unread for 2 days and only get 3 hours worth. Threads gthat I have b een following for weeks don't appear. Did any test this?????

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some "how to" directions would be nice from the admins. Why is the Rving with Pets a sticky????? Other they are annoying, the others st least pertain to the a majority of the population.

I have no idea which forum I am in when doing this reply.

7 minutes ago, RickS said:

I see that I've lost about 400 posts in my post count. :)

Shucks Rick it looks like I gained some points so pm me and I'll sell some of mine.....

Drive on......( I. B. U.  Improved Beyond Use.......)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Howdy All,

I am not known for mincing words, I think the new look of the forum SUCKS.  Sometimes just cuzz something new doesn't mean its better.  Then again I am a "Cob" so I guess its expected.

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

7 minutes ago, RickS said:

Thats pretty funny!!!  Jack lost about 20,000.  :D

Well Ricko maybe the powers that be think that the point in-equality was too vast so comrade Jack had to be trimmed back for the good of us under-pointed comrades.....

Just when I thought I was getting the.....point......they turn.....pointless.........

supose now the market value of my points are toast....

Drive on......(What's the point?)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Yup, it is definitely ugly. I guess signatures were eating up bandwidth?? 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Being old and fartly, I don't like change. But I'll give it a shot and see how the miles roll.

2001 Volvo 610 HDT with Smart Car bed and ET Junior hitch

2007 New Horizons Summit 38

2013 Smart for Two

2012 Easy Racer Tour Easy recumbent bicycle

"There is no path. Paths are made by walking." – Spanish poet Antonio Machado

I'm not a fan of this new format either:(  Preferred the old one.  I would vote to go back to the old one if I actually had a vote, Best wishes, Jay

2015 Continental Coach Elegance by Forks RV, 41'; 2015 FL M2 112, DD 13, by 2L Custom Trucks; Trailer Saver air hitch; '48 Navigoddess with a Rand McNally GPS

Agree wholeheartedly with all the comments above. This new format sucks! We previously had one of the most user friendly formats of any of the multiple forums i visit regularly, not anymore. This is one of the worst I've seen.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

10 minutes ago, SWharton said:

I am getting overwhelmed in emails. Every time someone does  a reply an email is sent..............................

Try the following:

1. Go to your name in the upper right corner and select Account Settings.
  2. Then in the Other Settings section, select Notification Settings.

58c0add78ce43_ScreenShot2017-03-08at7_13_03PM.png.a2405e59ca060a7e611bd03cfa7c3ac0.png58c0ade2be743_ScreenShot2017-03-08at7_13_19PM.png.f77c8058ac6da90fca3c1d42ea6dae0a.png

This should let you adjust your notifications.

A related area is Manage Followed Content.

Dave Sand

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

If this change is permanent, I might have to start hanging out on another site, this has got to be the worst "improvement" I have ever seen. Did the forum automatically update its self or was this planned by the admins?

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

49 minutes ago, Dennis M said:

Agree wholeheartedly with all the comments above. This new format sucks! We previously had one of the most user friendly formats of any of the multiple forums i visit regularly, not anymore. This is one of the worst I've seen.

Well stated.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

On this post I read it through and clicked on 'marked site read'. I returned and they're all back (two long pages worth) with the oldest one first and recent one last.  Yikes! 

Anyone else clicking 'marked site read' and have them all appear later?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I think I like it.  At least I like the "Mark Site Read" link at the bottom, right of every page.  I bookmark the site by arriving at "Unread Content," scroll down the page, right clicking on messages I want to read, and then at the bottom of the page I click on "Mark as read."  Finished till the next visit!

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

OK Scott, how do you mark which forums you want to follow?  I'm not interested in some of the forums, say like the HDT forum.  The "Mark as Read" was at the bottom of the pages in the old version.

Where are the signature lines.  Hard to refer newbies to the blogs of people who post when the signature lines have been 'misplaced'?

Do you enjoy those announcements at the top everytime you log in? 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I'm on a lot of forums and have been through many updates over the years, but this one seems to seriously miss the boat on user friendliness. I've also never been on a forum that gave no headsup that a change was coming.  

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Archived