1997 Volvo WIA 64

chief916

Hello, I've been watching this site for quite sometime because like you all out there I also have an interest in big trucks. I have a 1997 Volvo WIA 64. Nothing near as nice as to what most of you have but its served me well for the past two years. Lately I have been making repairs and up keep on the truck....Sooo depressing when you go into the parts store and they tell me they have to order the parts cause my truck is so old. I have a good friend who runs a Mom and Pop truck repair and I hang out there most of the week while the DW goes off to work and he is teaching me quite a bit about heavy repair. I'm trying my best to absorb his knowledge on trouble shooting and regular maintenance, he's been at it for some 35-40 years.

I just wanted to say hello and that I'm out here with you guys and that when you ask a question about your trucks it makes me realize that I'm not alone in trying to maintain my rig. I tout a 2013 Heartland 4100 King with my Volvo. After a cross country to Williams AZ pulling it with a 05 Ford 6.0 SRW...I realized how dumb that was and how lucky we were to get it back home just as the motor blew. There in a nut shell is when I made my shot for this rig I now have. Its really so much nice'er going down the road and not feeling all stressed out wondering if you're able to stop in time with an 18k 5er on the rear.

Anyway...just wanted to say hey and intro myself and that I could possibly be chirping in from time to time. The folks I have seen on this site strike me as honest, sincere and genuinely concerned for each other and you all sound like my kind of people. I'll be in touch.

v/r

Ben

Welcome to the group. I hope we can be of help to you. Best way I have found to get information is to ask the question. You may bet a reply with a link to someone who asked the same question before, but it's still an answer and hopefully one that will assist.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to eventually getting to know all of you. Also to GoldRush...No Sir. We Live in Snow Hill N.C.

OBTW...I have been trying to download a pix of my rig and trying to replace that box with a shadowed figure snd put in all my pertanent {sp} info. Could someone advise and guide me?

v/r

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to eventually getting to know all of you. Also to GoldRush...No Sir. We Live in Snow Hill N.C.

OBTW...I have been trying to download a pix of my rig and trying to replace that box with a shadowed figure snd put in all my pertanent {sp} info. Could someone advise and guide me?

v/r

Hi chief,

Welcome to the forum. Everybody here is a great resource of help. I don't know if you know it, but there is a nice family rally for HDT's in April at Crossville, Tenn.. All are welcomed. The rally is a great source of info for your truck and your trailer. I hope you can make it to the East Coast Rally.

Keep having fun with your truck,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived