Solar cables-how to get from inside to outside?

Seeria

I picked up a Goal Zero unit and already have a solar panel but it sits on a stand outside. What can I use to do a pass through the wall from the panel outside to the Goal Zero in my kitchen? I'm looking for something water tight or somewhat water tight, 2 cable width or wider (if I can't figure how to cut the ends off and redo them). Not sure what they use on roof tops but I don't think that would work as I have to let out and take in the connection cable so some movement must happen.

Suggestions?

Kind regards

~Laughter is as essential as the air we breathe~

This would probably do the trick, or add an outdoor electrical outlet cover over this jack for extra weather protection.

https://powerwerx.com/panelpole-panel-mount-powerpole-housing?gclid=CICLg53ck9ICFcu2wAod_TcMxQ

Tom - KK8M. MI Licensed Journeyman Electrician (35 years), ISA Level 2 Instrumentation Technician, UL Certified Solar Installer.

Might also consider using a flat connector for trailer lights, but it would depend on the power you are putting through it. Might be too small. A weather tight connector suitable for your application should work. Doesnt necessarily need to be RV specific. And maybe even mount in a box against the chassis of the coach, out of run off from the wall of the coach. Make sure it has a cover, you dont want to be dealing with mud etc getting into it during travel.

Marcel

Archived