Short Cars

Alie&Jim's Carrilite

There are a lot of high speed deer out there. I have 8 notches on the bumpers of trucks over the last 40 years.

I don't get the toyhauler aversion around here. The toy comes out, the space then becomes whatever you want it to be. In my case a music studio, and workshop, and kennel, and .....

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

The issue with the fiat 500 is that it is about 11' 6" long. Considerably bigger than the smart. But it might be a great "incline load" on the truck!!

I'll be interested in their experience with the Fiat. I'm sure it can make it TO the shop....as long as it gets charged there. And you can always put a solar panel on its roof like a golf cart :)

With no oil in the crankcase and electric power steering, I would think only the brake fluid and wiper fluid reservoirs would keep you from tipping it upside down if you needed to.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Been looking at these short cars . The mini cooper and the fiat concern me about ground clearance. I wonder if they will make it over the breaking point on a dove tail bed with out getting high centered? It the dovetail would have to be almost flat or an awful long ramp to get these on the bed right? Guess this is why most people are going with a jeep. Not really into the jeep thing. What kind of vehicle is there that person could buy that is under 14 ft that has the ground clearance? How would I design a bed that would accommodate such a low slung vehicle? Any ideas?

Been looking at these short cars . The mini cooper and the fiat concern me about ground clearance. I wonder if they will make it over the breaking point on a dove tail bed with out getting high centered? It the dovetail would have to be almost flat or an awful long ramp to get these on the bed right? Guess this is why most people are going with a jeep. Not really into the jeep thing. What kind of vehicle is there that person could buy that is under 14 ft that has the ground clearance? How would I design a bed that would accommodate such a low slung vehicle? Any ideas?

Think "teter-totter". Or maybe teter-totter.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived