Just received my notice of discontinuance from Blue Sky

HERO Maker

Well, at least I have 2 months to find new insurance, but let this be a warning to probably everybody insured with Blue Sky. They are no longer going to insure the RV Industry. This could be state by state, but we are in Texas, in that could be a problem.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I just renewed with Progressive no problem if your looking for options.

Me too, as a motor home through Lazy Days RV in Florida. It's insured as an Ohio vehicle. They insist that they also carry the 5er. I can bobtail all I want, and pull any trailer I choose, so long as it's non-comm.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Is yours insured as motorhome or truck?

Motorhome but they did insist on also covering my fifth wheel to make sure I had one. The rates are good so I gave them my boat and trailer also.

I talked to them in January about bobtail and they said no problem, you just can't use it for any type of business use.

Motorhome but they did insist on also covering my fifth wheel to make sure I had one. The rates are good so I gave them my boat and trailer also.

I talked to them in January about bobtail and they said no problem, you just can't use it for any type of business use.

Funny I went to quote it out at Progressive online and it kicked it out saying if it had a 5th wheel installed they wouldn't insure it. Hoping an actual phone call will be different since I'm sure I will be getting the cancellation notice in the next 60 days.

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

I just added my new 5th wheel to my Blue Sky Policy. (I had removed my old 5th wheel in December when I sold it, but still had my truck with them.) I asked the question about Blue Sky going away. I was told Blue Sky lost its underwriter. They are in negotiations with three underwriters currently in an attempt to replace the lost underwriter. The people who are getting "cancelled" are those whose policies have recently come due or will be coming due in the near future. Blue Sky cannot write new policies because they do not have an underwriter in place. Those of us whose policies do not expire in the near future are good until the policies expire. Once the new underwriter is in place, Blue Sky will again begin writing/renewing policies. The agent I spoke with was hopeful that would happen in the next month or two. I am hopeful as well. My policy is good through the beginning of July so I have "some" time on my side.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I just added my new 5th wheel to my Blue Sky Policy. (I had removed my old 5th wheel in December when I sold it, but still had my truck with them.) I asked the question about Blue Sky going away. I was told Blue Sky lost its underwriter. They are in negotiations with three underwriters currently in an attempt to replace the lost underwriter. The people who are getting "cancelled" are those whose policies have recently come due or will be coming due in the near future. Blue Sky cannot write new policies because they do not have an underwriter in place. Those of us whose policies do not expire in the near future are good until the policies expire. Once the new underwriter is in place, Blue Sky will again begin writing/renewing policies. The agent I spoke with was hopeful that would happen in the next month or two. I am hopeful as well. My policy is good through the beginning of July so I have "some" time on my side.

Hope so too, Chad. I suspect there will be a premium increase. Most of the quotes I'm getting for truck and trailer are $1800 range. My present policy also til July was little over $1000.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We are also insured by State Farm in Va. But only for the truck. We went with Nat Gen For the 5er. Expect a serious rate increase next year due to the totaled 5er claim we made in July. But that will be OK because the 2017 5er cost me a $250 deductible. Pat

The Old Sailor

Just curious, has anybody ever tried Good Sam's insurance underwriter? They send me offers almost every week that I throw in the trash can as I am still Blue Sky until August 2017 (I hope). Lot's of big rigs go to Good Sam for insurance. I have been using RV America as a broker since 2009. They started me with National Interstate and then they found a better rate from Blue Sky about 4 years ago. The Volvo is titled/registered as a converted vehicle to a motor home/RV. When RV America was given photos of the truck with a fiver in tow and truck reduced to a single axle they were able to get me a lower cost policy from Blue Sky. They insure the Volvo and fiver as separate vehicles but on one policy. It is OK to bobtail.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Just curious, has anybody ever tried Good Sam's insurance underwriter? They send me offers almost every week that I throw in the trash can as I am still Blue Sky until August 2017 (I hope). Lot's of big rigs go to Good Sam for insurance. I have been using RV America as a broker since 2009. They started me with National Interstate and then they found a better rate from Blue Sky about 4 years ago. The Volvo is titled/registered as a converted vehicle to a motor home/RV. When RV America was given photos of the truck with a fiver in tow and truck reduced to a single axle they were able to get me a lower cost policy from Blue Sky. They insure the Volvo and fiver as separate vehicles but on one policy. It is OK to bobtail.

Randy,

I refer you to this post I made about phone vs going through agent with Good Sam.

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=126567

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived