The old Kenworth got a new bed

tyates007

Nice. Looking forward to seeing it in person at the WCR.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

All Right !! Any plans for underbed boxes ? Charlie

Boxes are in the plans Charlie. I framed supports for them under the deck before it went to powder coat. I was going to build them myself originally but may just go with some pre fabbed. Protech in Oregon makes some really nice heavy gauge boxes for a pretty competitive price.

Very nice I am thinking of doing something similar but with a twist I am going to put a dump hoist under it to get the back end closer to the ground when loading and unloading can you do this with this design? I may have to redesign the back end a bit .But I sure like your setup!! Nice very nice.

I originally wanted a rollback type bed but with hitch it would be pretty difficult. With that said nothing is impossible. If I were to use hydraulics I would build a subframe that the roll back bed would sit on that would lift off the main frame. I would lift just high enough to clear the hitch and then have it move back and drop to the ground. I just didn't want to put that much money in this truck for the bed. If the bed does not move back the dump hoist will not lower it to the ground unless main frame was shorter and could pivot that way. If that were the case you would have to permantly attaché the hitch to the bed frame instead of the truck frame. This would take a pretty heavy bed frame but could be done potentially. If I was going to that extent I would want it so bed went clear to ground so no ramps were needed.

Glen I have 17' of deck with a 2' beaver tail. I will be hauling a 4 seat Arctic Cat Wildcat side by side or a jeep.

Looks great! You will have to let me know how it handles...how long is the truck overall?

I have not built a bed yet...gathering ideas....

I have a 4 seat can am commander or a jeep that I would love to take with us but always thought it would make the truck/combo too long....I am a newbie so I was not sure how it would work....

Looks great! You will have to let me know how it handles...how long is the truck overall?

I have not built a bed yet...gathering ideas....

I have a 4 seat can am commander or a jeep that I would love to take with us but always thought it would make the truck/combo too long....I am a newbie so I was not sure how it would work....

Truck is roughly 32' from bumper to pin and about 34' over all. I am 70' total, or 65' 60" depending on what state I'm in. I pull a 38' Mobile Suites. I extended the frame on the truck a while ago so have pulled for a couple of seasons at this length. I have not had any issues or not been able to get in anywhere that I wanted to include forest campgrounds up near Mt Ranier. You do need to pay attention though as there is quite of but of tail swing. I will get everything weighed when I get it loaded up.

Very nice, and very similar to what I am currently building. What did powder run you?

I will check out the truck boxes place as well, I am thinking I need to go ahead and get my boxes done now. otherwise it may never happen and I want the least amount of junk in my office/garage/laundry room as possible, and maybe allow me to better organize the basement storage on the 5er as well.

Very nice I am thinking of doing something similar but with a twist I am going to put a dump hoist under it to get the back end closer to the ground when loading and unloading can you do this with this design? I may have to redesign the back end a bit .But I sure like your setup!! Nice very nice.

Check out Rick's bed from Comfort Ride hitch the back four feet lowers to make loading his jeep easier. He has photos on the comfort ride Facebook page.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Check out Rick's bed from Comfort Ride hitch the back four feet lowers to make loading his jeep easier. He has photos on the comfort ride Facebook page.

I took photos and thought I looked pretty good at that rig at the rally and didn't even notice that it folded. That is pretty cool!

Archived