Guidance on a new tractor not HDT related.

Broncohauler

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owned Kubota's the last 20 years. Will not say I would not buy green. But would be tough after all the trouble free years with the Orange Tractors. Mine has never been in for any work. M4700. Our other tractor M9540 Shuttle Shift only one time. And it was our fault not Kubota's fault. Forgot Brother in law owns a Kubota 22 something with loader and all. And he has put over 5000 trouble free hours on it also.

All these have loaders on them. Mine 50HP will lift 2000 lbs but that's about it. The 95Hp around the same, I have some big hunks of soft lead. And the piece that's 2200 lbs the 95Hp will pick it up and bring it up the hill. But it has to be in 4x4 to pull it off. Bu were talking about 5ftx 4ft piece of lead. The other 24 ton's I have to cut into small pieces to move. As smallest is 3300 lbs others are 4200 each.

Edited by Pete K

event.png

Owned Kubota's the last 20 years. Will not say I would not buy green. But would be tough after all the trouble free years with the Orange Tractors. Mine has never been in for any work. M4700. Our other tractor M9540 Shuttle Shift only one time. And it was our fault not Kubota's fault. Forgot Brother in law owns a Kubota 22 something with loader and all. And he has put over 5000 trouble free hours on it also.

All these have loaders on them. Mine 50HP will lift 2000 lbs but that's about it. The 95Hp around the same, I have some big hunks of soft lead. And the piece that's 2200 lbs the 95Hp will pick it up and bring it up the hill. But it has to be in 4x4 to pull it off. Bu were talking about 5ftx 4ft piece of lead. The other 24 ton's I have to cut into small pieces to move. As smallest is 3300 lbs others are 4200 each.

Thanks Pete K

Thanks Pete K

Your welcome, and to make it as clear as mud. Buddy of mine bought a new 65 or so HP tractor to mow his yard. He only cuts 12 acres with it. Got a loader on it also. He Bought a Massey Ferguson because it was built heavy. I laughed at that ideal. As had owned 3 of those also. And did not like them one bit. But the new ones, sure weight more then the rest do. When I haul his Heating Pellets for him. He runs up and sets the Ton pallet of heating pellets off with ease. His tractor is a cab 2 wheel drive. And weights more then our 95-HP Kubota does. So it handles loader work way better. Even without anything on the back it has no issues with the weight.

Edited by Pete K

event.png

About 12 years ago I bought a mahindra tractor 35 horse because they were heavier than any other tractor in that HP range. We have beat the crap our that machine with absolutely no issues. Pushed lots of cut cedar and hauled 2k bales of hay on a 1400 lb loader. 600 hours so far. My Blaw is the typical professor type and does not know how to spell no I should say maintenance. He even bent a hay fork which made me proud of him. How do you do that? I have found it low, very low on oil and all fluids and nothing broke. Much less expensive than any other of the Deers or Ks. Parts are available at the local tractor or part store and they do not carry the green mark up. I do have a JD skid steer and love it. Buying parts takes my breath away on the JD. It will do what you are asking for however I suggest you get more horsepower than you ever expect to use. Also rear hydraulics for the tractor which usually means a 45 horse motor. Do not by a tractor w/out 4 wheel drive. Never got mine stuck but a few pucker moments along the way. I will say the resale on anything but a deer and K sucks. However I do not care. In retrospect you need a tractor and skid steer full of mothballs to keep the rats and squirrels out. get the moth balls that come in a plastic perforated bag and zip tie them in.

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

I'll reinforce what has been said.....having available service is a key factor. Like John, I also like the Mahindra. But we have zero service where we are, and parts are hard to get. So JD it was. The tractor works as expected, and we have not really had to buy parts for it. Other than filters. But service was a key factor in that decision. Oh, and 0% for 5 years (at the time) did not hurt either.

Now on the skid, I think in the class we are buying that the JD is actually "overall" the best available machine, not even counting the price. And it was far cheaper than a Bobcat (almost 14K), and outperforms it. Plus, again 0% for four years. We almost bought a larger Volvo skid. Which would have been nice. But the deal was private and a little too "sketchy" if you know what I meant. The only problem with the Deere skid is that it is yellow, and will clash with the green on the tractor :(

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I had Kubota too. They're nice and reliable. But I was forced to sell my last tractor (because I sold my farm) and now I'm looking for a new tractor (surprisingly, this thing is needed in the suburbs) for cleaning up the snow. I don't think that another Kubota is a good option in my case. On the other hand, I've found a whole list of best tractor and snow blower combo on this growgardener.com site. Now I'm thinking that I will buy one of these snow blowers and tractor which can be combined with it. BTW, OP, how did your story end?

Edited by RainbowStalin