workstation installation kit

Pete Kildow

I know this may have been covered. But have not found it using the search. Was watching a Video of Gregg's last night. And in it he showed something about the truck not having a Workstation not being an issue. As Volvo offers a kit to install it in not Workstation trucks?

So anyone that has installed this kit?

What is the price on these kits?

What model's can be retrofitted?

I know just looking at them. I was running it through my head, that installing one in the flat top smaller units. Would be nice. Seating and still have a place to lay down when needed.

Pete

event.png

Pete

I wouldn't try putting one in the 430. The bed pretty much touches the front seats. If you could get one in you would probably have to liflt the table top to get to the bench to sit. The 630 would be good though.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

I believe the kit Gregg talked about is just the standard parts for the models that already offer a workstation option. I watched the same video and that was the impression I got (I could be wrong). Gregg also mentioned it was expensive. In other words, you are buying all the parts from Volvo and they are not cheap.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Thanks guys, reason I asked that question. Was we have ran up on a few 630's. But did not like the layout of the bunk. And would rather have the workstation. But found some pics online last night. Was tired when I found the site. And for the life of me today can't find it again. This guy had removed the bed. Put seats on both sides. Had it set up where it was nice. And had used a table out of a RV Dinette booth.

Just wanting more options. Plus buddy of mine owns a truck sales and junk yard. And there's times they willl get a wreck turck in. That has the workstation. And after talking with him, He told me to just let him know if and when I get a truck. And when and if he gets a wreck in with the stuff. I could get all the stuff to swap mine out with.

Pete

event.png

Thanks guys, reason I asked that question. Was we have ran up on a few 630's. But did not like the layout of the bunk. And would rather have the workstation. But found some pics online last night. Was tired when I found the site. And for the life of me today can't find it again. This guy had removed the bed. Put seats on both sides. Had it set up where it was nice. And had used a table out of a RV Dinette booth.

Just wanting more options. Plus buddy of mine owns a truck sales and junk yard. And there's times they willl get a wreck turck in. That has the workstation. And after talking with him, He told me to just let him know if and when I get a truck. And when and if he gets a wreck in with the stuff. I could get all the stuff to swap mine out with.

Pete

Most browsers retain history of your 'travels' on the net . Find that option and it should have ever site you have visited recently .

Goes around , comes around .

I got a work station out of a wreck for Toterman. Engineered like an Abrams tank , heavy as hell and a PITA to get out. Don't know if he ever installed it, but someone doing it for their own truck & not worried about lawyers could do it cheaper/better/ easier.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Pat I have mine set where it deletes all history when I shut it down. Swapped it over like that a few days ago. Now wish I had not, but will find the pics again.

SIBERNUT I bet that stuff is bad heavy. And Had not given much tought to that.

But then again I have a full cabinet shop in my basement. Guess I can just build what I want from scratch.

Pete

event.png

Pete,

I have a workstation but was going to remove it and put a jackknife sofa with belts to haul the grandkids but plans changed. I was going to make a small table with a removable pole like this to put in front of the sofa. Think it would be much cheaper than trying to buy a Volvo workstation.

bRUzGtyl.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

On my 610 Volvo I bought 2 third row seats out of a suburban with integrated seat belts and mounted them on each wall. I then put a table like Carl showed for my girls to be able to color or use the laptop or whatever. They would not convert to a bed like a regular workstation but was fairly inexpensive and looked nice in gray leather.

On my 610 Volvo I bought 2 third row seats out of a suburban with integrated seat belts and mounted them on each wall. I then put a table like Carl showed for my girls to be able to color or use the laptop or whatever. They would not convert to a bed like a regular workstation but was fairly inexpensive and looked nice in gray leather.

That was my thought with the jackknife sofa. It could still fold down to a bed. Priced a couple for less than $1k and table hardware cheap.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived