OT - Now here's a unique set up

Chad Heiser

I had seen a smaller version of this pulled by a VW Bug, but I hadn't seen this one before.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

On the autos built today. I can see the doors never opening again. But that tank its on, well it would handle lots of weight. I seen a fool years ago. he had a bundle of 2x4's (294 pcs) on the roof of his Chevy Suburban. Not sure what the weight is, but I know last year I hauled 3 on my triple axles goose neck trailer. And I could sure tell they were back there. WOW just figured it and at 10 lbs per board that's pushing 3000 lbs.. I don't know how far the old was going. But the guy did tell me that was the second time he had loaded him like that. :rolleyes:

event.png

I actually saw quit a few of them back in the late 40's when traveling the country with my folks and family...

They were an excellent idea, but obviously as the cars got flimsier it became not such a good idea..

Yes VW's had them for quite a while, and you still can bump in to one on occasion...

Also that has to be an altered 5er for this one too.

Love it though..

Cheers,

Bob

1989 Safari Serengeti 34'
Towing a 1952 M38A1 Military Willys

Past HDT owner

Archived