My possibility

Vegas Teacher

Well I might have a truck I am going to buy. It just has to pass oil inspection and I will make a final offer. I should know my results on Thursday 2/10 I am nervous excited and can't sleep been saving for a long time and reading th he postings of everyone else.

I will update and post pictures if it happens. I want you all to know I have driven the seller crazy with all of the good questions I have learned to ask room everybody on this sight. It is Wednesday 2/9/17 @ 5p.m and I am up at the Clark County gun range and there is an incredible red volvo in the RV parking area here. If you are reading this and the owner give me a call my number is 702 672 7990 I am at road kill grill. Your door was open but I could not bring myself to stop

• 2 weeks later...

Rocky,

He is going to buy it. After all the tests, it came down to the Seller is going to bring it to a Volvo dealer and change out rod and main bearings.

Corey and I are going to fly to FL in mid March and pick it up.

He is going to get a 2,453 mile driving lesson......lol

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Just curious what the reasoning is behind changing rod and main bearings. Although it used to be common practice on Caterpillar engines when I first started trucking in the 1970's, it is a practice that has gone by the wayside in at least the last 20 years. If this is Volvo power, I would like to know what the Volvo factory recommendations are on something like this. I know of several with north of a million miles without touching the bearings and all is good.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Vegas flyer is correct sorry I was at a schutzhund regional trial in turlock California for the entire weekend and away from all devices that are electronic.

So I bought it for 25k the seller is doing a lot for me and even is having the truck detailed before I pick it up. We are taking 10 from Florida to vegas I can't wait to see this route. The truck is bright orange and the seller has been on Skype with me showing me the truck more for my wife than anything else. I am pretty excited to get it. I will post pictures when I get it home. Little does my father in law know that I am coming to park it at his house hehe hehe

Archived