mpg display

GlennWest

My Freightshaker has a graph showing +or- on what mpg I have it set on. Also displays mpg it gets. Now I know on ldt these are considered lie o meters. Lol. How accurate is ours? Not towed enough to check out math. If it accurate mine is 5-6.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

On my Volvo it is only 0.1 off at most. It is accurate enough that I rarely do any manual calculations to verify it accuracy. Now my daily driver, 1/2 Chevy, is off 5% or more.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Mine is close as well. My suggestion would be to fill the truck and do a hand calc for the tank. See if the gauge is close. On my old Volvo, any and ever thing I do affects the mileage shown on the gauge. If I sit and High Idle at a rest area for 15 minutes the miles per gallon will drop really low. As soon as I get rolling and do a long run,2-300 miles the average comes back up to the 11-12.

Long idle times, start and stops, and city type driving kill the mileage.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

You can scroll through the display and set up a "target" number which is in the center. Mine is set for 7.5 and the gauge jumps left to right. It is almost useless because it changes so much. The turbo boost gauge is a better indicator of real time fuel mileage.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

I get from our Freightliner 14l about 7-9 depending on the wind and how much stop and go traffic I am in but I am a mid roof and not has tall as the condos. As Jeff says the reading in the center is a target mileage and is changeable. Ours is on 9.5. The separate readout for the actual MPG that you push some other buttons for and to get gallons used is not too far off but I find a typically get a better number by manually calculating.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Mine is set at 7, has been ever since I got it. Empty it goes plus a good way. With Smart, Teton it stays in minus. But the actual computer reads 5ish close to 6. Might do better if I got overhead done. Have not researched that. Runs great

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

The other big factor is the right foot.....

If I'm bobtail and on the interstate, I put the cruise on 66-67 and Cadilac along, 12-13mpg. If I decide to keep up with traffic at 74-78mph then we get 7-8mpg depending if I can draft another truck for awhile.

Slowing down is the best idea for better mileage.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I run 63 mph. That is where I am comfortable and the truck does best. I did have them put a 2 mph flat on the cruise when I had the completed programmed. I will take it off when I reprogram. I don't look at it as a fuel cost. It is a housing expense since I have to tow my house with me. It makes me feel a little better about it.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Ours is wildly optimistic. It shows around 9.5 when real calculations show 7.2. My 1/2 ton Ford is within .3 when indicating 20 mpg.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Had the truck reprogrammed and removed top speed but the cruise is governed at 72 but, tow at about 63 this seems to be the best for fuel mileage so far.

The best we have gotten so far on this first trip is around 10 with a 20-25 mph wind on the front quarter mostly flat ground.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Mine is about 10% optimistic, but that's what I pay attention to since it makes me feel better.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

• Glenn if it makes you feel better I get a consistent 6.5 mpg. Usually run at 70. Display is vary accurate on mpg and gallons used.

2007 Volvo 780 Ultrashift Trailersaver Hitch
2017 Momentum 397th
3 Yamaha Banshees
2 Honda 400EX's
Polaris Outlaw 50

Polaris Outlaw 110 EFi                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2018 Polaris RZR S 1000 Stealth Black
2019 Polaris RZR S 1000 Titanium Matte Metal

2015 Polaris RZR S 900 VooDoo Blue

https://i.imgur.com/e0ajU8Pl.jpg

We ran 55-62 mph and averaged 7.5 mpg moving about 46,000 lbs. The fuel used gauge was usually within a couple of gallons at fill-up.

Compare that to the Bounder that is averaging just under 7 mpg at 26,000 lbs.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived