IBEW travelers

Dharvey25

Have worked IBEW, as Instrumentation hand. Currently wiggling wires, although not union work. Western Canada has experienced a slow-down, generally, but the work is slowly returning. Some areas are doing better than others.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 1 month later...

I am currently working at home with a great job at a national lab, yet we are planning on full timing within the next few years.  I am a 25 year member of the IBEW.  I plan on working a few outages and short calls from time to time while on the road, but mostly workcamping and the wife work here and there as a nurse.  I spent about 5 years on the road right after topping out, so been there done that.  We are in the process of downsizing right now (mostly bills) so that we wont have to work any more than necessary.  If its anything like it was when I was on the road, there are always jobs to be had if you don't mind 40 hours and lower wage packages.  When I was working on the road, I was always after high wages and 7-12's.  Being a full-timer (especially if you don't keep a home) shouldn't be a problem at all even at the lowest wages in the country.

You might be interested to know that the Escapee founder, Joe Peterson was a gypsy electrician working construction jobs when they went on the road and the first members of the Escapee's RV Club were traveling construction workers. :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Right.  Joe was an IBEW member, Kay described how Joe would go down to the local union hall when they arrived in a new town and sign into the visitor's book.  If there was no work available for visitors in that area, often the business rep could point them towards an area that did need additional help.

Archived