2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer

maggie blair

I am looking to buy a new RV and am interested in a 2008 holiday rambler vacationer diesel. Has anyone owned one of those or know anything about them? The only issue I can see is that the floor underneath the slide out is rotting out. The owner said he had never had a leak he was quite shocked when I pointed out the floor was coming loose underneath. Does anyone know if this would be an expensive fix? There is also daylight coming in under the slide in the master bedroom and I crawled under that and could see where a gasket has come loose under there. I don't think that would be too difficult to fix. If anyone has any information on this model or the fix in the floor please let me know. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Maggie Blair

It could probably be repaired, but I would want an estimate of repair costs from a reputable shop that is willing to do & guarantee the work before I put any money into the RV. If you haven't done so, check the prices out with NADA also.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have visions of having to remove the slide to fix the floor then reinstall the slide with new gaskets then hope the problem wasn't caused by windows sweating with the water running down the wall. Um. No, thanks.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I am looking to buy a new RV and am interested in a 2008 holiday rambler vacationer diesel. Has anyone owned one of those or know anything about them? The only issue I can see is that the floor underneath the slide out is rotting out. The owner said he had never had a leak he was quite shocked when I pointed out the floor was coming loose underneath. Does anyone know if this would be an expensive fix? There is also daylight coming in under the slide in the master bedroom and I crawled under that and could see where a gasket has come loose under there. I don't think that would be too difficult to fix. If anyone has any information on this model or the fix in the floor please let me know. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

"The owner said he had never had a leak he was quite shocked when I pointed out the floor was coming loose underneath."

I wonder what else that will be found, that the owner is "quite shocked about", when a thorough inspection is done!

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Depends on how much money you are willing to put into the unit. If its like a restoration project then you should expect those kind of things. I have thought of an old Airstream and those often have floor issues in the bathrooms. That kind of thing you budget for. If your just looking for a used RV then make sure you do like Kirk suggested and get and estimate, maybe two on the fixes. And get an inspector to check out the systems before you buy. https://nrvia.org/locate

Hi, Tim here I'm an Xscaper Planning for FT September 2017. Currently in Austin TX.

event.png

Archived