Labelmaker

rdickinson

P touch label maker does pretty good and makes all sorts of different labels in various sizes, colors, and orientations.

A " sharpie" marker on light colored heat shrink tubing is a cost effective method of making a "shrinkable type label.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_1_7?k=p+touch+label+maker&sprefix=p+touch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/search?rh=i%3Aaps&keywords=heat+shrink+wire+label+maker&page=1&ie=UTF8&ref=is_s_ss_c_aw_aps_0_28_aps&sprefix=heat+shrink+wire+label+maker&ajr=0

I stick one label at the part that I have "touched" with the part # and date changed info. I repeat the info on a 2nd label I stick on the inside of my storage bin door above the drivers seat. I also add the same info and price paid into a spreadsheet I keep on my phone.

It's a bit much but keeps me honest. I don't get to keep my truck at my home so the spreadsheet comes in very handy.

I also like to mark my added electronic mods and their respective wiring modifications using yellow colored heat shrink tubing and sharpie written labels. I think you saw some of my labels last year at the WCR.

https://www.amazon.com/DYMO-Industrial-Labeling-Keyboard-1801611/dp/B005MR516Y is what I use. It prints on heatshrink and regular labels.

Hi Everyone,

I have this same label marker. I did not know that it can print on heat shrink tubing. How do you print on heat shrink tubing ? I am disappointed with the quality of print on standard labels. The label marker does not print a solid black print on a white back round. The first part of the label is some what faded. It looks like you need a sharpie to touch up the print.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Here are a couple of pix:

labelmaker%20shrink.jpg?raw=1

labelmaker%20shrink2.jpg?raw=1

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting the pictures. There are going to be a big help. It looks like 18444 is one of the part numbers for the printable shrink tubing. Do you have a part number for the yellow shrink tubing ?

Al

18444 is just standard label tape.

The tubing part numbers are:

18054: 3/8"

18056: 1/2"

18058: 3/4"

I use the 1/2" for most work.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting the part numbers. This will be a big help to everyone.

Al

Archived