dometic heat pump problem

GlennWest

Come in from work last evening and wife says breaker tripped on ac. I tried to reset and it thrower as soon as I attempted reset. This is living room rather new unit, 2 years. Went up and removed cover expecting to find a burnt out or shorted wire. Found nothing obvious. Had wife to rest while I watched and listened. It started up and ran fine. ??? I have already had to replace fan on it a month or so ago.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Keep us posted on what happens next. If the breaker tripped immediately until you removed the shroud, but then worked it might indicate an insulation issue that shifted when you took the shroud off, but I'm only guessing. It may also have cleared for some reason and had you just waited the amount of time you spent getting the shroud off, it would have went away. You have a real puzzle.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Pull the face off of your breaker panel and tighten all the wire lugs. I replaced 2 breakers in our box after having them continuously trip. When replacing the breakers, I turned every wire lug screw 1/2 to 1 turn tighter. This is now a yearly check.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived