Can't connect to wifi

EagleEye

I got a new Windows 10 PC a week ago. I'm still trying to figure things out. WhI first got it I had no problem connecting to my Verzion Jet Pack mifi. Noe it will not connect. It shows up as an available connection but when I select it it says "Checking Network Requirements" and just keeps running. I do not have a problem connecting to the campground wifi. My old computer connects to my Jetpack without a problem as well as my i-pad and my wife's i-pad. I'm assuming that I set something wrong or did something I shouldn't have. Can someone give me some idea of what I did wrong or where to look?

Thanks

Dave

Dave and Marge

2010 Phaeton Motor Home
Previous Mobile Suites 36 RSSB3 (for sale)
and 2005 FL M2-106 Sport (for sale after 5er sells)

Hey Dave

Try taking the battery out of the Jet pack count to 60(sec) put it back in boot it up. Then start up the computer and see if it will connect.

Hope y'all are doing well and enjoying RVing!

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Dave,

Try these two things - they really help get and keep you connected to the JetPack with Windows 10:

1. Go to Network Connections folder (In Windows Vista, click on Start button, then go to right click on Network, select Properties, then click on Manager network connections on Tasks pane; In Windows 7, click on Start button, then go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center, and select Change adapter settings on the right pane; In Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8, open Win-X Quick Access menu, and select Network Connections.
  2. You should see various LAN, WAN, wireless, Bluetooth, high speed Internet, virtual Ethernet adapter, and other network connections available on the Windows computer with the network adapter description. Right click on the network connection that you want to disable the IPv6 interface and select Properties.

Click “Continue” or “OK” on User Access Control permission request prompt if applicable.

3. Clear the check box next to the Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) component in the list under “This connection uses the following items” box.

Next, in the device manager, go to Network Adapters and find your Wireless LAN adapter. Open Properties and go to Power Management. Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

I found these after many hours of frustration and research. I hope they help.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Searching yields many possible solutions. Bummer when there are so many possibilities. Simple things first then more complex.

Check for updated network drivers from manufacturer of laptop.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

re-reading things from above. usually when it says checking requirements. it's usually the pw for the SSID is not correct . Did you change from original password an then perhaps at one point lost power/ battery change it would reset itself to original pw. .. you could delete connection. unplug jetpack, plug back in look for connection available then put in security key aka pw.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

Yes, I still have not been able to solve my problem. I did say that I'm a little technically challenged. I'm sure that it must be something that I'm doing wrong or did wrong. I can't seem to find a way to delete the connection. I thought that if I could delete it I could start all over.

Dave and Marge

2010 Phaeton Motor Home

Deleting a network in Windows 10 is pretty straight forward:

Open Settings App and go to Network & Internet.

Go to Wi-Fi section and click Manage Wi-Fi settings.

Scroll down to the Manage known networks, select your Wireless network and click Forget.

After you’ve done that, you can try to connect to the same wireless network again.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Thanks everyone for you help. I was finally able to delete the connection and then reset the Jetpack. Now I've got it working.

Dave

Dave and Marge

2010 Phaeton Motor Home

Archived