Tuscon Arizona Resorts

brunsje

Folks,

Looking for recommendations on Tuscon RV Resorts.

My wife and I enjoy nice places with nearby outdoor recreation.

Hiking, Running, Mountain Biking.

Would enjoy your inputs.

Thanks, JohnnyB

2014 ShowHauler Motorhome 45'

Jacksonville Beach, FL

The Voyager is probably the best one around Tucson. It has every kind of activity including a hiking club and probably a biking group. It also has lots of Pickleball play. We've never stayed there but know folks who have and if you liked activities, this is the place.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I would recommend Desert Trails out of Tucson. You are on the edge of Tucson Mountain Park, many bike trails, hiking trails, you name it. They have a short and long distance hiking clubs, biking club, you name it. If you don't want the clubs you are still near more places than you can name. Reasonable prices, too. http://www.deserttrailsrvpark.com/ In fact here is a pic on their home page. 2home.jpg

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

And right next door to Desert Trails is Justin's Diamond J RV Resort. We spent a month there one year and really enjoyed it (we were in the back row and could see the desert out our back windows). They're also a Passport America park and allow a 1-week stay at PA prices (currently $17) except for January and February, so we try to spend a week there prior to the end of December.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

It's not a Resort but the Escapees Co-Op in Benson is not too far south of Tucson and very reasonable price with lots of friendly people and activities. They have a special of $50 for your first week.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

X3 for Desert Trails. Our eighth winter here. We are literal 100 feet from access to virtually unlimited hiking trails for any level of difficulty you desire. Seem far out of town because we are West of the Tucson Mountains, but we are quite close to the heart of the city. After a Roadrunner's Hockey game at the Tucson Convention Center and we were back in the park in less than 20 minutes.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Archived