Program and data tranfer Windows 10

EagleEye

I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I have several questions and will probable have more.

My old computer is windows 7.

1. Is there some way that I can tranfer programs from the old computer to the new one? The main program that I want to move is Quicken where I track all of our spending. I don't have the disk as when I bought it I downloaded it.

2. Is there some way to tranfer my mail contracts from the old computer to the new one?

I'm not the real computer literate so I need some help.

Thanks

Dave

Dave and Marge

2010 Phaeton Motor Home
Previous Mobile Suites 36 RSSB3 (for sale)
and 2005 FL M2-106 Sport (for sale after 5er sells)

The main program that I want to move is Quicken where I track all of our spending. I don't have the disk as when I bought it I downloaded it.

If you purchased the program from Amazon or other reputable source you may well be able to download it again. For Amazon, go to My Software Library.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Moving email contacts is pretty easy with many email clients. I have done it several times with Thunderbird. Favorites are also easy to move with many browsers. I have done it with Firefox and Chrome. Their websites have instructions on how to do it. It involves finding a profile file and and copying it to the proper folder on the new computer.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

I purchased it directly from Quicken I n 2014and when I go to their site all they want me to do is upgrade to 2017 version.

Dave and Marge

2010 Phaeton Motor Home

Easiest way is to contact quicken support using the CHAT feature at the bottom of this page: https://www.quicken.com/support/windows/install-and-update#windows

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

I purchased it directly from Quicken I n 2014and when I go to their site all they want me to do is upgrade to 2017 version.

I've always been able to download from the Quicken site. However, I found less problems with Quicken if you upgrade every 2 years.

Newt

2012 HitchHiker Discover America 345 LKSB

2009 Dodge/Cummins

LIVINGSTON TX

If you still have the old computer and it runs, find the Quicken download file on it and move it to the new computer. If the computer does not run, put the hard drive into a USB enclosure (Amazon has many, I like the "tool-free" ones from Orico) and you can search for it from your new computer. I just moved Quicken 2015, but I had the disk.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Finally got the e-mail data transferred. Spent the better part of two days because after I transferred the profile files I kept getting a message that it couldn't find the profile file. I tried to find it also and couldn't find it. Turns out I left one letter out in the file name and when I finally found it and corrected the problem it work. Not I can move on to working on the Quicken problem. Hope it doesn't take as long.

Dave and Marge

2010 Phaeton Motor Home

Archived