Deep freeze in the south

Heavymetal

I worked at the Marathon plant one oct.-Dec. Shutdown. Nice area. We enjoyed our stay

Hi Glenn,

I live 4 miles west of the refinery. One of my son's is a pipe fitter working at the refinery right now.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I don't know who brought that stuff down here, but today I was as south as you can get in Texas, and when I left this morning it was 30 when I stepped outside. Actually was in Mexico most of the day and out in the cold late afternoon. Not fun, and I didn't freeze anything on me!

It can be very sad when temps plummet South of the border......

I flew for folks with a lot of "assets" in Mexico, Central America, S. Am and when it gets cold and your home is made out of car hoods and cardboard boxes it is a COLD that most folks do not understand.......very sad.

Drive on.....(cold can be VERY ...cold)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

It can be very sad when temps plummet South of the border......

I flew for folks with a lot of "assets" in Mexico, Central America, S. Am and when it gets cold and your home is made out of car hoods and cardboard boxes it is a COLD that most folks do not understand.......very sad.

Drive on.....(cold can be VERY ...cold)

Yes, the most sought after commodity at that time is used Christmas wrap. A lot of it is foiled backed or strong paper, and doesn't let the air come through their walls! They hunt through the trash piles or cans, or pay a few pesos to the guy who picks up the trash with his donkey pulling the trash cart.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Construction Mgr for the HF Mitigation project at the Marathon Refinery, along with a number of other turnarounds and whatnot. Most folks were nice. 1 or 2 of their supervisors were flaming axxhxxxs. Still have my Winking Lizard beer jacket!!!

9 deg, then 17, then 6 deg this morning in beautiful downtown Shepherdsville, KY. Holed up in the house for a couple of days.

Glenn, how do you like that campground? We stayed there for a week last May, & liked it very much, but be very careful of the overhanging trees. Pulled the TV antenna off getting to the main road after leaving the campground. Unfortunately, that one was only 1 week old...don't ask....

BRRRRRR

Paul & Paula

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

We didn't have but very little water pressure. We actually filled our tank and used our water pump. Water was rusty also. This was about 4 years ago. Hopefully that has been corrected. Loved the area though. Visited the Amish community. Loved there food

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Construction Mgr for the HF Mitigation project at the Marathon Refinery, along with a number of other turnarounds and whatnot. Most folks were nice. 1 or 2 of their supervisors were flaming axxhxxxs. Still have my Winking Lizard beer jacket!!!

9 deg, then 17, then 6 deg this morning in beautiful downtown Shepherdsville, KY. Holed up in the house for a couple of days.

Glenn, how do you like that campground? We stayed there for a week last May, & liked it very much, but be very careful of the overhanging trees. Pulled the TV antenna off getting to the main road after leaving the campground. Unfortunately, that one was only 1 week old...don't ask....

BRRRRRR

Paul & Paula

Hi Guys,

What camp ground are we talking about ?

Al

PS; Paul see you in a couple of months

Canton KOA

Glenn,

I know the one you are talking about. About 30years ago there was a good steak house down there. But they had a fire and it burned to the ground. Not surprising. You needed to see this place. It was never rebuilt. The locals know the area as Bear Creek. If you ever work at the refinery again, let me know. We can meet up if you would like.

Al

Archived