Deep freeze in the south

Heavymetal

Woke up to a frozen water hose this morning! I not only have it wrapped I have a heat strip on all but three feet of the hose and it still froze. The temp this morning in central Texas is 18 degrees with a chill of 8 it is not suppose to be like this in South Texas ( I hate global warming ) . I was planning on heading to Tampa today but I think I will wait for warmer weather.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Out our front door in Tennessee.

5mT9bDjl.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Out our front door in Tennessee.

5mT9bDjl.jpg

Hey Carl,

Looks like northeast Ohio. Woke up to zero degrees. The high for today is going to be 16*F. Wind chill is -9* F. Little to cold to work on the truck.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

We have determined that the last person from up north to come down here brought the cold to the RGV and we are going to kick his butt when we find out who it was. I have been here for 5 weeks so I know it was not me.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

We have determined that the last person from up north to come down here brought the cold to the RGV and we are going to kick his butt when we find out who it was. I have been here for 5 weeks so I know it was not me.

Brad

Do we have a name? I would like to thank them very, very, much!!!

2 Great Danes

The temp this morning in central Texas is 18 degrees

Ditto from 150 WSW of your location but a beautiful sunny morning with no wind. I stored my hose til tomorrow morning.

Glad to read your truck was ready to roll.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Woke up to a frozen water hose this morning! I not only have it wrapped I have a heat strip on all but three feet of the hose and it still froze. The temp this morning in central Texas is 18 degrees with a chill of 8 it is not suppose to be like this in South Texas ( I hate global warming ) . I was planning on heading to Tampa today but I think I will wait for warmer weather.

You sure you had that tape plugged in ? ;)

I just disconnected and drained the water hose last night and it looks like I'll do it again tonight .

25° when I got up this morning . It's warmed all the way up to 28° , now . Suppose to get to the mid 40s this afternoon .

Goes around , comes around .

Yup, It was 19* here this morning in Cut N Shoot Texas..... Just north of Houston.

The pics of all the white stuff are beautiful...... but I'm sure glad I'm not there!

Are you in that new RV park in cut and shoot?

2 Great Danes

You sure you had that tape plugged in ? ;)

I just disconnected and drained the water hose last night and it looks like I'll do it again tonight .

25° when I got up this morning . It's warmed all the way up to 28° , now . Suppose to get to the mid 40s this afternoon .

Yep! Had it plugged in but it is two feet short of covering the hose completely and that two foot froze. I will drain it tonight, we just don't get weather like this very often.

2 Great Danes

Me too. I thought it wasn't supposed to be like this on the Texas Gulf Coast! It is supposed to be almost 80* by Wednesday here though.......

Hey Alan, what part of NE Ohio are you in? I grew up in that area..........

Hey Mntom,

Canton, Ohio is home for me.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Wasn't me I didn't do it. I am still up here in the frozen north .Have to travel 65 miles to get to work. Wednesday -3f with wind chill -14 . Lost one battery on pic up. I think it may have froze. Co workers had there truck jell up on them about 17 miles out. that turned in to a rescue mission. while there truck was in the shop I gave them a ride back to town .Four construction workers crammed in a extended cab ford f250 how cozy. Global worming?? Fun times! The things we have to do to make a buck.

Freezing in Texas snow, rain and flooding on the west coast.

I was thanking of that movie "The Day After Tommorrow" when I went out this morning.

2 Great Danes

I don't know who brought that stuff down here, but today I was as south as you can get in Texas, and when I left this morning it was 30 when I stepped outside. Actually was in Mexico most of the day and out in the cold late afternoon. Not fun, and I didn't freeze anything on me!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I'm living on my sailboat in Fla this winter, and some of this cold front made it down here. Its 38 degrees here in St Augustine this morning. Yesterday they issued freeze warings to the farmers and small craft warnings to the boaters. Off shore they had gale force winds and 20 ft seas. I'm hunkered down in a marina for a couple days, then it will be back up to the 70's and I'll head further south, then over to the Bahamas.

Jim

I'm living on my sailboat in Fla this winter, and some of this cold front made it down here. Its 38 degrees here in St Augustine this morning. Yesterday they issued freeze warings to the farmers and small craft warnings to the boaters. Off shore they had gale force winds and 20 ft seas. I'm hunkered down in a marina for a couple days, then it will be back up to the 70's and I'll head further south, then over to the Bahamas.

What kind of sailboat? We raised our kids on a 50' Gulfstar. We spent 7 years traveling and enjoyed it and we still miss it, if it weren't for my Parkinson's we would have a trawler and do the great American circle, but my balance it just to bad nowadays.

2 Great Danes

I'm hoping that winter will be over by tomorrow. Three days is about all we should have in the RGV. I'm from Michigan but 8 years on the road have wimped me down and now if we see snow on TV I want to turn on the fireplace.

I tell people that we are going to go south until it is warm but I'm afraid that we may have to go as far as Argentina.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Archived