Airline Fittings

SuiteSuccess

I normally use Parker or Eaton Weatherhead DOT push to connect or compression fittings for my airlines. Have noticed several other brands (Legris, Dixon) that look decent also. What brands are quality?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Don't know the brands, Carl. I would stick with Eaton or maybe Parker, period. I bought some nylon push-ons from Grainger several years back. Big mistake. Two that were exposed to heat came apart while crossing the Little Big Horn. Never again. Replaced them all with brass Eaton. Do have a couple from the Parker Store on my rear air springs. IMHO, air line fittings (or air line) are not a place to try and save a few pennies. Are the other brands that look decent to you also DOT approved brass connectors?

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Ya I'm a fan of SMC KV2's overall. But anything below the rail or above 1/2" in size I use Parker compression. Bulkhead through really thin material I like the Legris bulkhead push connects. Push connects that don't release, leave a ring on the tube, or that need a condom to keep the dirt & water out can stay in the drawer....

Randy,

They are DOT approved. Thanks to you and Scrap for the input.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• 6 months later...

Would a kit like this be something to keep in the truck?  LINK  With maybe 10' of 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2" tubing. 

Expensive, I know, but is it worth it?

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

That seems like a lot of coin for parts you hope to never need.  And it doesn't include the tray.

I bought a small tool box with snap in translucent assortment trays recessed in the lid.  I bought a couple of each size and configuration fittings, and 10' of each size line.  The most important items, in my eyes, is an assortment of o-rings to repair old fittings, along with a pick set to remove/install said rings.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived