East Coast Rally Registration is Open

SuiteSuccess

Were still trying to get this worked out. But should get there the 22 Sat. And stay for 3 or 4 days. That's about all I think we can get to work. Still not sure if we will pull the camper. Or just drive over and stay in town. Its about 4 hour drive for us. So not that far at all.

Trying to hold off until the dates are posed as when each Seminar will be set.

Pete

Pete,

Just discussed this and should have tentative schedule posted on forum and website by Monday. David has been putting it in an easy to follow format and is just about through. Can't thank him enough. Hope you can make it. Don't know if you've been to Crossville but there is a Holiday Inn on Peavine Road exit which is the initial exit for Deer Run Campground and would put you about 5 miles away.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carl, Are there any cabins left that Pete could rent? That would put him closer like a few hundred feet!

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Carl, Are there any cabins left that Pete could rent? That would put him closer like a few hundred feet!

Dave

All are rented.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Pete,

The names of the seminars are posted midway down on this page. Gregg will start things off Sunday with his buy and build. The "Buying a New Truck " will also be Sunday. Monday should be truck lighting, and other of the new build topics. The more detailed topics will be Tuesday and Weds. Will post David Dixon's arrangement and schedule times as soon as I receive it.

http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/product/2017-rally-registration/

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Th

I'm still working on the wife about attending........ I may even have an HDT by then. I am hoping to look at one by the end of this month.

There will be HDTs for sale at the Rally. You might want to look there as well, if you have not found anything.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Yep, I know, BUT with my budget...... Probably out of my price range! I have a line on one that I can afford and hopefully look at soon.......

If you can't afford one of the trucks from the "For Sale" section here, you're bankrupt before you even take possession of a truck from the average fleet owner.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

While there's no guarantees, I'd say your odds are better on a truck found here. Most have had any known issues fixed, oil changed, modifications done, etc. Those are mostly small items that tend to add up quickly. Good luck.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Unless you are very skilled at inspecting trucks, and also have some luck on your side, you are far better off looking at a truck with a known history. Most trucks advertised here do have that known provenance. It is worth a considerable amount.....how much is up to you. But a truck that has been run by a conscientious RV owner for a year or more will have MANY things fixed on it.

No truck is perfect, and you still need to budget for repairs. But you generally increase the "satisfaction" factor if you buy a truck that meets all your requirements and has been run in RV service for some time.

You also have to be honest with yourself in your ability to take an imperfect truck and move it towards reliability and perfection. The cheaper the truck, the more you will have to do....that rule is almost cast in concrete. While there are some notable exceptions, in general you do get what you pay for.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Don't be afraid to say what truck your interested in ( unless your afraid someone beats you to it ) when I was looking I inquired about one for sale on here and lots of folks knew the truck and actually reached out to me and helped me make my decision. A very good group here that helps even if they do not know you, we were glad for the help and are pleased with our purchase. Good luck on your decision.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Archived