Honda 2000 companion generators

lappir

Found a couple on Craigslist at $625 each and $1250 for the pair. Plan to offer &1000. Too much or too little. Ad says 60 hours on each. 2012 models.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Too much way too much, you can get a new Ryobi 2200 from Home Depot for $549. and they are as quiet as a Honda. You never know how the one on CL have been treated and if they have sat around with untreated gas, you will have carburetor problems.

Thanks for the quick reply Ron.

Have never been disappointed with a Honda Product. Have had lots of disappointments with Ryobi and Home Depot. Hopefully I can detect any abuse and if they don't start on the second pull they won't be coming home with me. ( I will make sure they are cold before any starting attempt.)

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Carbs are easy to clean just be sure to drain the float bowl if you plan to let them sit for over a month...the idle jet is mighty small and if they do have a splutter there is a idiot proof video on utube for cleaning carbs. and remember to change the oil when its time. They only hold I think 16oz. Make sure you get the parallel wire with them. Make sure that it works with both of them. One cost $100 more than the other

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Carbs are easy to clean just be sure to drain the float bowl if you plan to let them sit for over a month...the idle jet is mighty small and if they do have a splutter there is a idiot proof video on utube for cleaning carbs. and remember to change the oil when its time. They only hold I think 16oz. Make sure you get the parallel wire with them. Make sure that it works with both of them. One cost $100 more than the other

Thanks for the quick reply. I have watched a couple of the Honda Service and maintenance videos and plan to take my tool box with me to take a look at the air filter, oil and spark plugs on each. Also found a 2012 "Recall" that I don't know if the current owner is aware of. Checking for a Honda location near my location.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

That strikes me as a very good deal if you want to go Honda which I would most definitely do. I have them and they are great. I would buy them with bad carbs at that price. But you will know about the carbs just by watching them start up. I would go for it. It is nice to have the pair as the two of them together are quieter than one alone.

Dave and Lana Hasper

That strikes me as a very good deal if you want to go Honda which I would most definitely do. I have them and they are great. I would buy them with bad carbs at that price. But you will know about the carbs just by watching them start up. I would go for it. It is nice to have the pair as the two of them together are quieter than one alone.

Didn't know two were quieter than one. Will have to check that out. Is it when they are Parallel?

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Yes, parallel and on eco. It is situations where you don't really need two but because they are both together they run very very quiet. You unhook one and the single is louder than two together because working harder.

Dave and Lana Hasper

$1000 for the pair is pretty decent. I've had mine for years and love them.

Yes me too and they even have a hose coming off the float bowl to drain the carb. I had to clean jets several times until I started draining carbs and now I have let them sit for months and they fire right up no problems...I also installed hr meter on each one so makes it easy to keep track of oil change time.

Jim Spence

Thank you again for the quick replies. Got most of the money from my primary debit card, but the second one (with the most money in it) refused me at three different ATM's. My bank will get an earful tomorrow for sure. Didn't make the hour trip, but did call and say I wasn't able to get enough cash today. He said another person gave an offer he refused after I had said I was on my way. He may call that person and I will be out of luck Saturday. That will be my next opportunity to make the 3 hour round trip.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

That is a darn good price for 2 hondas. I would add a 1/2 bottle of seafoam to each of their fuel tanks, change the oil, clean the air filter and be good to go.

I am not afraid of the Ryobis either....very quiet...possibly even quieter than the Hondas.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I was too slow and didn't ask for him to hold them for me. Another party paid the asking price. My search continues.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Too much way too much, you can get a new Ryobi 2200 from Home Depot for $549. and they are as quiet as a Honda. You never know how the one on CL have been treated and if they have sat around with untreated gas, you will have carburetor problems.

Not even in the same barnyard as the Hondas. You'll get lots of opinions, but it boils down to this- Honda is the quietest, Yamaha is close. Honda has the RV receptacle, I don't know about the rest. Hondas run better than the others, and last forever. There's a Honda dealer around just about every corner of this country. Myself, I don't think that's a bad price for used. But buying anything off of Craig's list would make me nervous.

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

Decent price for a pair of Honda EU2000i. You cannot begin to compare them to ANYTHING sold at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Decent price for a pair of Honda EU2000i. You cannot begin to compare them to ANYTHING sold at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Ken

Really? How 'bout these generators sold at Home Depot? http://www.homedepot.com/s/honda%2520generator?NCNI-5

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

The only problem it could have is if the idle jet plugged and somebody pulled the electronics off the top of carb ( springs and parts will fly ) The idle jet can be easily cleaned while leaving electronics hooked up. They control the econo mode. This Honda is bullet proof but not Idiot proof and it does have low-oil shut down so impossible to run low on oil.

Jim Spence

Really? How 'bout these generators sold at Home Depot? http://www.homedepot.com/s/honda%2520generator?NCNI-5

Yep you have to buy the $999 and the $1099 Companion for a set and don't forget the tax on top of that price.

Jim Spence

I have a Honda 2000 that realistically has 3000-3500 hrs on it. Still perfect. I just bought the Honda 3000 EQ with elec start. Runs our A/C on coach and let me power the trailer to charge batteries, lights, etc. They are the BEST piece of equipment I have ever bought, period!

I change oil in the 2000 about every 200 hours, which is about once a month in race season. I have used Schaeffers 7000 Race Oil (5W-50) for the last 5 years ad ZERO issues. If it is going to be blow freezing....I stay home.

Jok

Jok and Barb Nicholson

On the road with our Trailer Toad.

A 2016 single 2000 came up today again on Craigs list near me. $750 asking price. Have sent an email but no reply yet. Photos look much cleaner than the one's I looked at before.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

I have a Honda 2000 and have over 5,000 hrs on it. Change oil every 100 hours, 3 spark plugs, 1 pull cord. That's it. Still runs great and starts on first or second pull every time. Love my Honda.

Rex and Rose

I just bought an eu2000 and only have 9 hours on it. What oil do you use? I was thinking of using a full synthetic like Mobil 1. I'm interested in what you use since you have a lot of hours on your generator.

Pat

2006 Chevy Duramax, DRW, ext cab, Long bed, Reese 18K hitch
2011 Carriage Cameo

Ham radio operator, WA3UOE

Archived