Update on Big Ugly

txdslshop

What you need to do is click on the link then delete the [img/] at the end. Once you do that then just hit enter.

I think I "fixed" it, but thought I should be able to find a live link, or whatever that would make it just show up in my post?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I "fixed" it, but thought I should be able to find a live link, or whatever that would make it just show up in my post?

I tried to do that myself, but that link on google photos doesn't allow you to do that.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Here's the picture linked in here. I just added it to my Smugmug. I've got this album shared so anyone can upload to it then can share the photos if they want:

Album: https://bluelghtning.smugmug.com/Temp/RVNETWORK/

Guest Upload Link: https://BlueLghtning.smugmug.com/upload/Jd3CbR/RVNETWORK

So lot me ask maybe a question? Would you gain anything by loading in reverse? The front end would be lower and maybe less likely to contact the trailer especially and you may not have to remove the spare tire then?

JeepOnHDT-XL.jpg

Thanks Shannon, you have any pics with the Bronco loaded up yet?

I looked for one for a quick moment, WOW they have gotten proud of those!

Hauled the 96 west in January when my daughter went back to school after Christmas break; the '68 hasn't made it yet. Probably for the roundup in June.

IMG_1500_zpsvv6kakom.jpg

IMG_1499_zpsbrod9xdg.jpg

IMG_1503_zps1tm7yeje.jpg

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

"So lot me ask maybe a question? Would you gain anything by loading in reverse? The front end would be lower and maybe less likely to contact the trailer especially and you may not have to remove the spare tire then?"

I was thinking same thing, you wouldn't have to do fastback top and take the spare off if you backed up.

"So lot me ask maybe a question? Would you gain anything by loading in reverse? The front end would be lower and maybe less likely to contact the trailer especially and you may not have to remove the spare tire then?"

I was thinking same thing, you wouldn't have to do fastback top and take the spare off if you backed up.

I did think of that, and even had to go drag everything back out and try it to figure out why it won't work. I am sure you gentleman can spot the problem in this photo besides my bald head!

d85e7b51-f71a-4f46-a986-22f9001d4ac8-b.j

So then another crazy question? Do the numbers work out if the ramp wasn't as tall and the rear end was lower? I know that puts the front end closer to the trailer, but the front nose of the Jeep is a lot lower than the top of the Jeep cover and spare tire, that it may still work? I guess it's all a trial and error to see what works with the space you have available?

I did think of that, and even had to go drag everything back out and try it to figure out why it won't work. I am sure you gentleman can spot the problem in this photo besides my bald head!

d85e7b51-f71a-4f46-a986-22f9001d4ac8-b.j

Mk, darn toot'n I see the problem in your picture.....the driverside window is rolled down so when Big5er is ride'n shotgun and he pitches his Dr Pepper cans out the Pete window they will fly back and get into the Jeep though the open window.........also ya gonna get bug splatter on the back window of the Jeep......far better to just rent a Rolls where ever you go.......

Drive on........(Keep the back window washer full....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Mk, darn toot'n I see the problem in your picture.....the driverside window is rolled down so when Big5er is ride'n shotgun and he pitches his Dr Pepper cans out the Pete window they will fly back and get into the Jeep though the open window.........also ya gonna get bug splatter on the back window of the Jeep......far better to just rent a Rolls where ever you go.......

Drive on........(Keep the back window washer full....)

Brought back fond memories, I used to have it down pat, taking the Dr. Pepper can, out the window, throw up and forward, and it would half smash into the tailgate of the truck. The game was who could get the most smashed can, me with DP and my dad with Pepsi cans.

Went over this afternoon to meet Jeremy and was able to see Big Ugly up close. She is coming together and is long and sleek, but Jeremy could not be convinced that the rally was more important then work, so we won't get to see him at the rally this year. There is always next year!

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Archived