Scam or Not

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I received a phone call earlier today from someone from Vehicle Selling Solutions. At first I thought he was interested in buying my truck. I have the truck listed in two different places. One place is here in the for sale section of the forum and the other place is Racing Junk. This person told me he saw the info on the truck in Racing Junk. He asked me a couple of questions about the truck. Then came the sales pitch about Vehicle Selling Solutions. I heard the words E-Bay, E-bay Motors, Auction 1-2-3. & etc.. I looked at their web site and saw the words, " Never a commission or post sale fee". We did some more talking and I started getting a feeling in my gut. I asked a few more questions and was told advertisement does cost.There is some kind of fee that is $429. Then came the words, I need your credit card info. I told this person there is no way that I am giving any credit card info up. He sent me the web site info to get a feeling of what they can do for me. The following is the web site.http://www.vehiclesellingsolutions.com/ What do you guys think ? Anybody here ever deal with Vehicle Selling Solutions ? It almost seems like a head hunter looking for vehicles to sell. Has anybody else been approached by Vehicle Selling Solutions ?

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

BBB accredited business, but too young to have any rating. 1 complaint filed already. In short... paid for services never rendered and given the blow off when trying to get their money back.

Basically a company offering to do the "leg work" for you by listing your vehicle on several services (auction sites) for a fee.

An out and out scam.. maybe not. Worthwhile service? Not in my book. P*** poor approach to soliciting business? MOST definitely!

IMHO, you did right by taking a pass. Paying up front fees for promised services generally doesn't produce the best results.

scam, but also beaware that. i have gotten about 40 calls from company that says my factory warranty on car is going to expire an i can extend it. At first i fig company don't have there records str8. on the next few calls. found out they are not connected to the maker of my car. i Keep auto rejecting the call only to have them come in from a different number. So mine not really a scam per say but a company trying to sell me stuff i don't need. Now it just gets funnier. as they still try calling but last sept i traded that car. an they still call about that car.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

I've gotten the call about "my car's warranty is about to expire....the vehicle we just traded was 13 years old.

Then there is the call I get wanting to help me with my student loans..graduated from college in 1973, without any loans.

Then the call that that according to "their" records they can help me lower my credit card interest rate. Pay off the cards each month.

Then a call that will supply me with a "home security system at no cost to me". We fulltime and have been for going on 12 years.

What is interesting I block these calls when received and they still come in from "my home area code and telephone exchange" with the last 4 digits changed on the caller ID. So it won't do any good to turn them in to the "Do not call list" for action since the number on the caller ID is a scam I'm sure. Usually Scottiemom and I both will get a call from each of these once a week with in an hour of each other, some several times a week, all are numbers are blocked when received.

Teacher's Pet

'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.

'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com

http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=3912

I listed a car for sale - got the call - said "no thank you..." but he persisted so I sez to the guy, "mail a cheque made out to my lawyer's trust account for the asking price in the ad, when it clears I'll call you and you can let me know who is picking up the car, that would be the biggest help to me selling the car :) " - that got resistance from him... so I had to pick up my emergency piece of krinkly plastic and rattle it in the mic on my mobile phone while saying "sorry I'm in a bad mobile area...zzt zzt click..."

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Tiss the season to scam. i dropped my home phone 8 yrs ago. loving every minute of it. on cell i get a auto reject option.

An here is a good one. A local lawyer advertises get $1500 per unwanted call. so 8 months ago i emailed them. 4 months ago. i got a return call from them (lawyer). For some strange reason the unwanted calls had stopped for about a month. Right after i told lawyer calls had stopped. Calls began to ring again. lol

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

Back to post #1, I too believe it's a situation to be avoided, whether an outright scam or not.

We haven't had a land line for 9 years, and haven't had bothersome callls until lately. My phone's "Rejection box" got full, so I had to find another solution. I found an option within my phone that only accepts calls listed in my phonebook. All others go to voice mail. If it's important enough to call, it's important enough to leave a message.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Hi Everyone,

I would like to tell the guy that gave me a call the following. Put up your ad's on my truck and if your ad sell's my truck, I will send you a check. How does that sound. You can trust me. Can you imagine what this person would have to say about those statements. There would be some back peddling going on his end for sure. The funny thing is this is want they want you to do. It only works in one direction for them. I like to trust my gut when it comes to sales pitches. There is to many people that have some kind of angle these days. All I'm trying to do is sell my truck.

Please keep the opinions coming,

Al

Al,

I remember in the early 1990s we listed with a realtor to sell our house. The contract was for one year and did have a clause that compensated the realtor for anyone buying the house that they had actively shown the house to during their term. That extension was for one year. 18 months later (we decided to not renew with realtor and sell by owner) we sold to a friend of ours at a much reduced price. To my surprise, I got a call from the realtor congratulating me on our sale and giving me an address to send her check! What? When I reminded her the terms of our agreements in writing and she had nothing to do with the sell, she became quite indignant and asked "Well what do I get out of this?" My answer "Exactly what I got from you while we had a contract--NOTHING!"

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I listed a truck on Auto Trader with their it runs until it sales package. They do a lot of the research and help with the listing they also only send Led's to you after they determine that it's not someone trying to sell you their services. I think the cost was about $350 but it worked out really well and in the end the only people that I had calls from were those really interested in the truck. It took 4 months to sell the truck but I received my asking price and they preformed as promised so I was happy.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

I also advertised on CL and got numerous calls from an online sales company. I told them that if they are that confident they can provide qualified buyers, then send them, and IF your lead turns out to buy my vehicle, then I will gladly pay your fee for the results. If they can charge me for that service then I will turn the table and return the "favor". Its called a commission. Sell it and I will pay you the commission. The non-stop phone calls duplicating what I have already done(that is list and advertise) and then the request for the fee to repeat what I did without a guarantee of performance is not the way I am interested in doing business. Sorry!

Marcel

Hi Everyone,
I thought you folks might like to hear this. I returned an e-mail back to Vehicle Selling Solutions that I was not interested in their services. I have copied and pasted the e-mail in this thread. The following is the way that the e-mail looked with their answer.

> Chris,

I looked over the information in the Vehicle Selling Solutions web site.

I have done some other reading and research. I will not be using Vehicle

Selling Solutions for any advertisement for my truck. There is no need

for any more phones calls. If I decide to use Vehicle Selling Solutions,

I have your contact information and the web site.

Al (my last name)

quote from Vehicle Selling Solutions

"I guarantee you that you found information on other companies that were not so good and that is why you are saying this. nd you are saying you are not willing to tell me this over the phone as well? wow. best of luck to you."

How do you like his attitude toward me in his response . There is no greeting at the beginning of the response or any signature at the end of the response. How professional is this. I am glad that I followed my gut. There is no way that I would ever use this company.

Thank for listening,

Al

AL,

People like this are masters at making you feel guilty for not giving them your money. You did right.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Next time they call, Answer the phone with "Harriet's House of Horizontal Happiness, How may we lay you!" and then tell them you need their credit card number to bill your time to. When they start in...HANG UP. On your cell phone you can block their number.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Suite Success,

Being in the Auction and Real Estate business I can understand about the Realtor Wanting the commission, but as long as you are completely out of contract, She's out of luck.

In a profession that strives to be upstanding , it's unfortunate that even though we are held to a high code of ethics, not everyone adheres to it.

This may parlay for me into a seminar idea for our friends that want to go full time and have questions. Other suggestions are certainly welcome...

Stay warm, and we will see you and Miss Donna soon !!

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

Denver,

Not dissing all agents. Every profession has its bad apples. I just found it somewhat funny.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived