Adding a new inverter

Heavymetal

Where can I find a good wiring diagram for installing a inverter? We sold our NH a few months ago and bought a 2005 40' mountain Aire until we decide on which new unit we want. The MA had a two door RV freg/freezer that I removed and replaced with a 22cf residential but this RV has no inverter and only two size 29 batteries. I just picked up a new battery bank and inverter which I can put in with no problem, but I would like to add a breaker panel so I can pick which circuits I what to run with the inverter (i.e. Freg, microwave and maybe 1 wall plug in the kitchen. I know how to install the inverter but Not how to wire it into an existing eletrical system. Any help would be deeply appreciate.

I forgot to mention it has a 55 amp converter hooked up to the DC side.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Here is a link to an inverter presentation I did at the WCR. It includes a wiring diagram from my old 5er inverter install.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BypMhjRfrAf1cHF0a285RkNtc00

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Chad

Nice presentation, thanks for links

Bob

Thanks. I should have a similar set up (with a couple of added goodies) on my new trailer. I will also install a full solar system. I am currently acquiring parts so I can install it after I bring the new trailer home. I guess I will have to update my presentation for the next WCR.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived