Parking RV while on a cruise

dennisvr

My wife booked us on a cruise out of Galveston TX and I'm in need of info for parking my RV while cruising for a week. I'm thinking of putting it in a campground for the week, but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

We once took a cruise out of Miami and fellow cruisers who had put their RV into a "secure" storage lot came back to find it had been broken into with lots of missing stuff. I'd prefer an RV park to a storage lot.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We have left our truck, trailer, car, motorcycles when we had them at campgrounds before and flown back to our home state or driven back to our home state to visit family or go to a funeral. Just tell the owner/manager of the park, give them your phone number and go. Even had one place we asked the owner if he would check our propane tanks and fill them if they needed to be. No problem.

Howdy!

If your going out of Galveston you might consider parking it at the Escapees in Livingston. I believe they will let you store it for free up to 90 days.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

We stored vehicles and trailers at a KOA in Buena Vista, CO this past year when we trailered out there for a motorcycle trip. I don't know if it's a set rate between all KOA's, but at that one they charged us $1.50/day per vehicle. That worked out great for us and we couldn't beat the price.

When I just did a search online, it looks like the KOA in Lake Conroe in Montgomery, TX offers storage. You'd have to call them to see avaialability and rates. - https://koa.com/campgrounds/lake-conroe/site-type/unique-lodging/

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Many campgrounds have a storage area for short time storage within the campground for a small fee. I once left my 5th wheel at a KOA outside of Omaha NE for a week when I had to fly home for an emergency. It was secured within the campground and fenced off separately from the campgound. I think I paid $50 for a week.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Thanks for all the replies. I'm leaning on putting it in a campground, thinking it would be the most secure. I don't want to come back and deal with the ins. co. if it was broken into.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Howdy!

If your going out of Galveston you might consider parking it at the Escapees in Livingston. I believe they will let you store it for free up to 90 days.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Does anyone know if the Escapees park at Bushnell does the same?

Thanks,

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

Archived