Brrrrrrrrr

runaway parents

Now that sounds like fun. Had sleds for over 25 years eventually owned 10 of them . Shop got converted over to a sled shop we started in September getting them ready. Ended up selling them all it was getting expensive just getting to the snow. hope you guys warm up. Kid got sent home from work today to cold to pour concrete out side they figured it would to big of a liability to have the crew working out side in -2f snow was blowing and drifting

˙It's 84° in Polk City, FL, and I'm getting ready to go for a bike ride into the Green Swamp. Hope I don't need one of those gator back scratchers; we left ours in Iowa four years ago.

2001 Volvo 610 HDT with Smart Car bed and ET Junior hitch

2007 New Horizons Summit 38

2013 Smart for Two

2012 Easy Racer Tour Easy recumbent bicycle

"There is no path. Paths are made by walking." – Spanish poet Antonio Machado

How do you clean ginger ale from a keyboard? :lol:

Oh ya sure Rick laugh-away at some poor-Geezeeer that has his dumb-phonee "HACKED" with a auto-misspell-Android.

Ya know Ricko I did not take you for a sicko that would get a hoot out of folks that have the misfortune to become"HACKED"....shame on U....U really are from the ....Dark Side....

Think about this....the Ruskies "HACK" a "poor-geezer lady'$" computer down in the basement.....and now Hillary is out of a job.....

Drive on....(Androids are .... everywhere )

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Dtrolley

I think the "stork" warning is for 9 months out from that cold & snow.

Todd

Well Dreamer your post about my misfortune to have a dumb-phonee HACKED by a auto-misspell-Android has poor-geezer Ricko blasting his keyboard with semi-adult-beverages.

So Dreamer for being a bad boy you must endure my Stork-$tory....

One snowy fall evening it was my turn to be copilot (pilot that does ALL the work) and we had just skidded into Salt Lake City to pick up cooler of human body parts for transplant in Denver....

We were hanging in the crew lounge when the FBO receptionist girl comes in and tells the Greek (my captain of the day) that she just got a phone call saying his wife is in labor with 15 minute contractions (wife is in Denver).

So Greek starts that "soon-2-be-daddy-pacing" back and forth around the crew den.... finally the body parts arrive and we kick the tires and light the fires and taxi to the end of the runway and wait on the snow plows to complete a line abreast pass down the runway.... finally the tower clears us to ....pull onto the runway and HOLD.....seems one of the plows discovered that he had lost a tire chain (darn HDT) soooo we hold and hold.... finally we get cleared for takeoff and kick the old bird into overdrive climbing over the Rockies with a hefty blizzard induced tail wind...in no time we are cleared to defend into Denver and we ask for a fast arrival due to the transplant docs wanting fresh body parts....we have the old speed-0-meter fast as the rough air would allow when all of a sudden....BANG and it was a loud BANG.....Greek all ready on edge shouted what the #%....and me being a professionally trained crew member calmly said..."oh my goodness captain...I wonder what #$%%$# was.....

Both of us took a pretty gander at the way too many gages and idiot lights and ALL were normal, HOWEVER we did have a low frequency shake occuring....so i turned the ice-lights (outside lights that illuminated the wings and props) and it is obvious that something has hit the prop sooner on MY side of the aircraft....the spinner has a pretty fair wobble going so I pull both prop RPM as low as we can in hopes of not having the break off and hit the tail of the aircraft.... we call Denver approach control and tell them we will need to slow down some.....they seem a bit puzzled that we first want to go fast and now slow....I tell them that we had a bird strike and we have a wobbly spinner by NO emergency....oh ya that did not work so the controller declared for us and now we are priority number one into Denver.....of course our many hours of intense professional emergency training paid off and we arrived amount a gaggle of fire trucks and every pickup truck in Denver with a rotating light on the roof following us down the taxiway....when the Greek looks over at me and grin's and says..."my wife goes into labor...and you run this darn wreck into the...STORK...."

(You would think a Canada-goose would have better sense than to fly in a blizzard in the dark)

History proves time and time again....it's Always the copilot's fault......

(Mrs. Greek had twin girls....NOT my fault)

Drive on....(don't hit the stork)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

This is a little off subject but had to laugh about the auto correct with this email I got this morning. :)

Hi Bob, this is Alan next door.
I have a confession to make. I've been riddled with guilt these past few months and have been trying to pluck up the courage to tell you to your face, but I am at least now telling you in text as I can't live with myself a moment longer without you knowing.
The truth is I have been sharing your wife, day and night when you're not around. In fact, probably more than you. I haven't been getting it at home recently, but that's no excuse, I know.

The temptation was just too much. I can no longer live with the guilt and I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies and forgive me. It won't happen again.

Please suggest a fee for usage, and I'll pay you.
Regards, Alan.

THE ACTIONS
Bob, feeling insulted and betrayed, grabbed his gun, and shot his neighbor dead. He returned home where he poured himself a stiff drink and sat down on the sofa. He took out his phone where he saw he has a subsequent message from his neighbor:

THE SECOND MESSAGE
Hi Bob, This is Alan next door again. Sorry about the typo on my last text.
I expect you figured it out anyway, & that you noticed that darned Autocorrect changed 'Wi-Fi' To 'Wife'. Technology hey?
Regards, Alan.

This is a little off subject but had to laugh about the auto correct with this email I got this morning. :)

Hi Bob, this is Alan next door.

I have a confession to make. I've been riddled with guilt these past few months and have been trying to pluck up the courage to tell you to your face, but I am at least now telling you in text as I can't live with myself a moment longer without you knowing.

The truth is I have been sharing your wife, day and night when you're not around. In fact, probably more than you. I haven't been getting it at home recently, but that's no excuse, I know.

The temptation was just too much. I can no longer live with the guilt and I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies and forgive me. It won't happen again.

Please suggest a fee for usage, and I'll pay you.

Regards, Alan.

THE ACTIONS

Bob, feeling insulted and betrayed, grabbed his gun, and shot his neighbor dead. He returned home where he poured himself a stiff drink and sat down on the sofa. He took out his phone where he saw he has a subsequent message from his neighbor:

THE SECOND MESSAGE

Hi Bob, This is Alan next door again. Sorry about the typo on my last text.

I expect you figured it out anyway, & that you noticed that darned Autocorrect changed 'Wi-Fi' To 'Wife'. Technology hey?

Regards, Alan.

Rick, I have a life-long friend that is a retired Sr IT/$imulator geek engineer at NASA, his name is Paul.

When Paul first read the wifi / wife story years ago he did what any real tech-nered would do.....he started calculating the difference in monthly payments.....it's a nerd thing....

Auto-$peel can be bad.... auto-calculates got Paul a black eye from the wifieee....?

Drive on....(change your wifi password often)

<<cleared to defend into Denver>>

It's a good thing Auto Pilot works better than Auto Correct. :P

Ricko, many bottom-tier outfits I herded birds for were too cheep to install Otto-pilotz, so ALL the mistakes were my own...

HOWEVER .... flying with Otto-pilotz can have moments of....not so happy flying when Otto decided to try to kill the other pilot.....some of Otto'$ tricks are....we are nearly asleep up in the clouds for 3 hours and all of a sudden... Otto spins the trim wheel into DIVE, DIVE, DIVE....OR even worse you are plodding along as high as the old bird will climb for the given weight, temperature, and lack of power and all of sudden Otto decides to roll the trim wheel CLIMB, CLIMB, CLIMB but no big deal because the bird then STALLS and then it DIVES, DIVES or if your horoscope is off that day the bird SPINS, SPINS, ....

Now some days Otto just decides to just rock the wings so bad that the human pilot just wants to kill himself.....

So ....suppose Otto-pilot is misbehaving, what do you do.... shucks you just take Otto to the.....Otto shop of course....now you have to describe in great detail the "problem's" Otto is having because the Otto-doctors will NOT ride in a bird with a sick Otto....don't even ask...

Geez, I just can hardly wait to meet my first .....otto-driven-HDT on a twisty two-line road.......

Drive on....(what ever Otto does ...it's still the pilots fault)

Archived