Brrrrrrrrr

runaway parents

Holy mackerel...You have quite a bird pooh problem there...that white sh...stuff is everywhere.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

To the folks wintering in warm climates you to dolly trolly happy holidays. Hopefully this don't give to many people the shivers.ha snow (2).jpg

Runaway..... Dollyomma took one look at your posted image and remarked..."those poor folks did NOT runaway fast and FAR enough.....

Just so you know it's tough all over we are also in a cold snap here a Last Chance Peak horse camp.....we nearly hit 70f today but only got to 69f brrrrrr....

Next door neighbor from our Bend Oregon hovel called Thursday and said it was a balmy +12f with only 8 inches of snow so.....one can RUNAWAY fast AND far enough....

Now your stuck.....but throw another log on the fire.....make a hot-totty ....and have a Merry Christmas.....

Drive on.....(RUNAWAY in the Nick of time)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

You mean that isn't bird pooh? What was it you called it? Snow? WTH is snow?

We had a very frigid night last week. It dropped into the high 30's overnight. It was an almost unbearable 50+ during the day, thank God for long johns and gloves. Thankfully that is over. We are still a little chilly here...about 72 today.

:):D:):lol::)

(ready to shoot me yet?)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Weather Geeks say Bend will get only 12 inches of snow tomorrow..thank God they won't get a foot of the white stuff..

Of course Mt Bachelor ski area (18 miles West of Bend ) may only get FIFTY inches of snow tomorrow ....

Last Chance Peak....One Roadrunner in the shade and 70f....

Drive on....(say no to....snow)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Coming down pretty heavy at night.

Snow%20Plaistow%202_zpsos6zp9dy.jpg

"So pretty" next morning, when the garage door was raised. How do you deal with this? One shovel full at a time.

Snow%20Plaistow%201_zpsn1zxgynn.jpg

That was in southern New Hampshire. Things were more "exciting" when we moved 100 miles north closer to the Canadian border.

Real blizzards with sub zero temps.

Snow%20Blizzard_zpszrresruv.jpg

Next morning things were buried up to the car mirrors.

Snow%20Springfield%201_zps1d6vfq7i.jpg

But eventually we got things shoveled and plowed.

Snow%20Blizzard%201_zpsuhijypwl.jpg

Hooked the truck to the fifth and three days later "AHHHH, SUNNY SOUTHERN FLORIDA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Problem solved.

Yup big 5r had that one coming nothing like rubbing a little salt in the wound.ha Hey rick did you say -37c what is that around -34 f if that's it come on down here and we will break out the sun screen. Brrr just got the shivers!!! Phoenix I hope we don't get that much here. Some day after I retire I am going south for the winter. Cant wait.

Yup big 5r had that one coming nothing like rubbing a little salt in the wound.ha Hey rick did you say -37c what is that around -34 f if that's it come on down here and we will break out the sun screen. Brrr just got the shivers!!! Phoenix I hope we don't get that much here. Some day after I retire I am going south for the winter. Cant wait.

runaway parents, four years ago we solved the "snow problem" permanently (do you notice the palm tree in the picture). However, cleaning the garage recently I found an item and can't figure out why it's here, or its use.

DSC_0098_zpssshdwgfw.jpg

Can you help!.

runaway parents, four years ago we solved the "snow problem" permanently (do you notice the palm tree in the picture). However, cleaning the garage recently I found an item and can't figure out why it's here, or its use.

DSC_0098_zpssshdwgfw.jpg

Can you help!.

Henry....IF you were a local "sunshine-$tate-boy" you would know that device in your hand is a ....."gator-back-scratcher".

So pilot-geek-friend from Imoklie (S. Gulf) loans me his house....leaves me a note.... "Wally the old gator like to sleep on the pool diving board so try not to wake him when you take a dip in the pool...he can be a bit grumpy if you wake him up too harshly.....now IF you want to use the diving board....just go get the garden rake out of the garage and scratch Wally's back....he'll let you know when he has had enough .......ya right.

Wally and the snow shovel is a different episode......

Drive on....(snow or gators...easy choice)

Flash....great news ....stork warning for Bend downgradedvfrom 24 inches of snow down to just a measly 18 inches...

Drive on....(in your 800 HP Oshkosh snow blower...)

Flash....great news ....stork warning for Bend downgradedvfrom 24 inches of snow down to just a measly 18 inches...

Drive on....(in your 800 HP Oshkosh snow blower...)

Love ....auto-incorrect....

We just finally got snow this weekend. Im OK with it, but the cold is getting old. I had -18* the other morning.

I think I could get used to "low's in the 30's"

Not to be too picky , but , if you press the ALT key & 0176 you'll get the degree symbol ( ° ) . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

Ha Ha . Gator back scratcher. That makes more science than using it to scrape windshields around here it seemed so out of place around here. hee hee

I was going to throw it away, but now it makes a perfect sense in my "current domicile". All I have to do is to mosey along to the pond about a quarter mile from the house.

Wally%20slinking%20into%20water%20before

Dolly, the city just built a brand new parking lot and a boat launching ramp in our area (it's about 10 minutes boat ride from our area to the Atlantic). They also dug a nice pond in the middle of the parking lot, it's easy in Florida since the water table in the state is about 4 feet down everywhere. Before they fenced the pond Wally the alligator, yes Wally, moved in and once they fenced it he was kind of trapped in. So they put up a sign.

IMG_1701_zpsavnckmd8.jpg

He became a local sensation and a "celebrity", but quite skittish. But pretty soon, chicken legs started appearing in the pond and bait fish was scattered on the bank and in the water (boaters "disposing" it after a day on the ocean) and Wally began to come to the edge of the pond when people leaned on the fence. I guess he wanted to know what his next dinner was going to be. City didn't think that this kind of "learned behavior" was nice and a liability they wanted to exist, particularly after that incident in Disney, so he "disappeared" . Being a wise guy, while attending one of the City Council's meeting, I complained that they took him out, but didn't leave a forwarding address where I could "visit him".

Archived