tablet w/keyboard

bigjim

OK, immediatly in trouble. I now have an RCA Voyager Pro. This is Android. Instructions are few to start off explaining anything to the totally clueless. I went to rcaav.com and was able to view a "download" ? that helped slightly but even so seemed to be more geared to the clue-ed in. My first question is do you have to have a google account to just use the the thing to surf the web for basic stuff ? I want to deal with one issue at a time so I can at least use it for something. I am a slow study on most things computer related. I can do very little on the lap top or a desk top so I'm not looking for any miracles here.

• 3 weeks later...

The short answer is no, you do not need a google account to surf the web. To do nothing else however, yes.

You should be able to connect to wifi, open chrome and view web pages as if you were on any other computer.

I would reccomend creating a google account to allow additional functionality such as App Store.

-

Hope this helps.

MY Android tablets are Fire HDX 7s and a 4th gen 8.9"HDX. SO a bit different as I can avoid the play store completely and use the Amazon App store. The Fire OS is their own variant of Android.

But some of your questions and setting realistic expectations of it can be found here with a bunch of reviews of it:

https://www.amazon.com/RCA-quad-Voyager-Tablet-Keyboard/product-reviews/B016BDPK1I/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewopt_srt?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=avp_only_reviews&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent&pageNumber=1

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived