Best interiors

jacks

I would suggest that you also be concerned about more than the interior. If you are going to be moving about be sure you have a very good suspension system, especially tires. Good insulation will make for a more comfortable interior. How will you receive the signal for the big TV? Sufficient storage space for all your stuff will be needed. The layout is very important but consider more than an interior. Also, make sure you have a tow vehicle with the appropriate specifications for your fifth wheel. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

There is no way for us to answer that question. You may like a rear entertainment and I like the side entertainment. You may like a wrap around kitchen and I may like a kitchen island. Rent an rv a few times, that will help you. We rented 2 class a's and a class c before we bought a 5'r. It helped us know how the systems work. Buy a used unit with a floorplan that looks liveable to YOU.

Jan & Thomas

2012 Drv Mobile Suite 5'r

2012 Ford F350 Super Duty

Hi All,

I am solo and searching for a 5er manufacturer that is known for best interior layout and detailing, big tv, lighting, mattress,features etc., approx., 26-34. Newer models.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks again!

You could choose to buy from a custom build RV manufacturer like New Horizons, Spacecraft, etc. That way you get the layout you want, made from the best materials and built to suit you.

It will cost more than high output assembly line units though.

Don

Possibly a diesel 2500hd gmc or Chevy, or the 6.0 gas 2500hd, so my choices are limited so maybe my post wasn't a good subject.

I do like the straight on viewing of the large careen tv.

Budget might be 40 to 50k for the 5er.

Thanks for the feedback.

There is no way for us to answer that question. You may like a rear entertainment and I like the side entertainment. You may like a wrap around kitchen and I may like a kitchen island. Rent an rv a few times, that will help you. We rented 2 class a's and a class c before we bought a 5'r. It helped us know how the systems work. Buy a used unit with a floorplan that looks liveable to YOU.

^^^ This

As I mentioned over in the Class of 2017 thread I am incredibly lucky to have ended up with a floor plan I love, after doing no research and buying the first 5er I looked at (structurally sound). I did upgrade the frame, suspension and tires thanks to a former friend.

Rent a few and see what you like. My entertainment center/TV is on an angle to my couch, but not by much and it works for the way I generally sit on my couch. I also did some mods by removing the installed dinette and fold-down futon/couch and putting in real furniture. I also like my full [small] bathroom with a very small tub. Only by trial and error can you know what you like or what you need.

I pull my 27ft Keysone with a 2000 F-250 diesel SRW and it's plenty of truck for that size of camper (8500# loaded) except on steep mountain roads.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

The Reflection fifth wheels by Grand design have several models that would meet your criteria as far as the interiors are concerned - and are towable by 3/4 ton trucks. Look at the 27RL, 29RS, and 303RLS. All have a large TV directly across from theater seating and full, 60 x 80 queen beds. (We full-time in the 337RLS.) You can see the various models here:

http://granddesignrv.com/showroom/2017/fifth-wheel/reflection/floorplans

An Arctic Fox by Northwood Manufacturing is going to be better built, better insulated, and heavier than the Reflection fifth wheels. They are very nice units and a lot of people full-time in them. You can look at some of their floorplans here:

http://northwoodmfg.com/5th-wheels/arctic-fox-5th-wheels/

You might also look around for a well-maintained used NuWa Hitchhiker in one of the smaller models. They're not in production any more, but have been popular for full-timers who don't want an 18,000 lb. fifth wheel. Kansas RV Center is kinda "Mecca" for them now and carries used ones as well as rebuilding/refurbishing them. Their web site is at:

http://www.kansasrvcenter.com/rvs/nuwa/fifth-wheels.aspx?ppc=true&gclid=CKqU4vKwzNACFQ1MDQod3B0LMg

These are just a few ideas to get you started. Keep in mind that the majority of RVs are not built to withstand winters in the northern states or the Rockies. People do it, but it requires extra preparation and LOTS of propane. Some manufacturers use thicker sidewalls, floors, roofs and insulation with higher R-values. These are some things to research and ask questions about - in addition to things like frames, suspension systems and tires. If you can find a well-cared-for, used unit of any quality brand, you won't take such a beating on depreciation. You can pay an independent RV inspector to go over a used unit carefully and his/her fee will be more than worth it.

Finally, if you start zeroing in on a specific brand/manufacturer, the brand-specific forums can be a gold mine of information - especially regarding issues with specific models, etc. Forest River, Keystone, Grand Design, etc.... they all have user groups and forums.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Check Kansas RV Center, formerly NiWa and the manufacturer of the HitchHiker line of RVs. They have some nice used and refurbished HitcHikers on their website.

HH was know as a quality builder.

http://www.kansasrvcenter.com/

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Some of the items I like are:

Double Pane Windows

Better insulation including the floor

Lots of carrying capacity for my stuff

Larger Holding Tanks for boondocking

I don't like 15" wheels and tires

I don't like electric dump valves

I like painted graphics or none at all

I look for convenient and plentiful storage

There are a lot of pretty 5th wheels but many are best suited for occasional use.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

I have a Keystone Springdale. It's more of a mid-range budget model, but it has porcelain sink and toilet and wood cabinets/doors and was lightly used with no leaks or other damage.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

Archived