Driving from Greenville to Asheville.

Luke1

Being what I now realize is a "flatlander" I am planning a trip to Greenville, SC and then up to Asheville for a course towing my 23 ft TT.

Will I avoid steep grades taking I 25 (then hitting I 26 above Saluda) vs I 26 from SC to NC?

Luke1

I'm guessing that you mean US-25 to I-26? If you look at the route on Google Maps, there is a big hint there in that it is only 1 hr. 10 min. to travel 63 miles. That can't be too difficult of roads. :) It has been more than 5 years since we traveled that way but when we did it was a pretty good road with nothing notable in the travel conditions.

You need to keep in mind that the ratings of any road for difficulty are very dependent upon who is doing the driving and the experience of that driver. Those of us with a lot of history driving in mountains like the Rockies or the Cascades do not see much challenge in most roads that are east of the Mississippi River, but there are a few. I consider the area you plan to travel thorough to be very interesting and you should have an enjoyable trip. If you keep an open mind about the visual effects of your travels, there are no problem grades on any of the interstate highways, so long as you travel down at a reasonable speed and you keep your equipment in good working order.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived