I should replace all my HDT tires asap

tippey

We've had our Gen I 2001 VNL64T660 for about a year now. It has not been driven more than about 6000 miles that only started last May. Regardless of this the steers and the drive tires should be replaced without much debate. The drives are all vintage 2008 Kelly's KSE's. Tread looks good but these have to be considered to be nearly as old as dirt. The steers are Toyo M127's from mid 2011 Mfg dates. I've looked at the HDT resource guide however I'd sure like to get a quick fix on my research by taking some suggestions from the forum on 2 areas where I need a little direction.

I would like a general suggestion on recent brand preferences by members and it would be really helpful if I knew where I should be shopping for these. After we left the HDT rally in Hutchinson KS we are now in a holding pattern with a damaged carefree awning that broke away from its' tensioner side end cap which fractured. While we're here we need to find the best service to get the awning fixed, replace the Volvo tires and probably replace the tires/wheels on our 5th wheel too. (ouch) The rig tires & wheels will be selected based on Mark's excellent write-ups.

From only a little bit of reading I hear that Kelly's are good and Yokohama's are as well. If anyone can help me get my 'short list' set I'd appreciate it.

We had a wonderful time at our first HDT rally and we're looking forward to going the the Western rally in Idaho and we'd also love to return to Hutchinson. It was a wonderful learning experience for us.

Tipper

"GAR" is a 2001 White Volvo 660 singled long w/ VED12 465 3.58 - Eaton Fuller Auto-shift 10spd. 3 pedal- Onan QD 6500 Gen. (aka "Joyrider")

2010 Carriage Royals International 36MAX1 w/ MORryde IS, G114's 17.5" wheels, (SOLD)

2014 Honda CRV AWD (ready to flat tow but driven separately by my DW!

Class of 2016 Full-Timers

I have Bridgestones on the steers and Firestones on the drives.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Obviously , our Monaco is not an HDT , but the weight is similar .

We had Toyo M143 s installed and balanced , all around , 5 years ago . They still look like new and ride / handle beautifully . I went with a higher rating than recommended .

Goes around , comes around .

Decided to bite the bullet and ordered all new G114's with alum wheels from trailertireandwheel. These will replace my G614's for the rig. NOW tomorrow I'll go into Albuquerque and order new rubber for the Volvo. (Nope we did not win the lottery but we will win an extra measure of safety all around.

What do I do with my alum 16" wheels and rubber? They will be delivering the new rig tires/wheels already bead balanced at the campground?

"GAR" is a 2001 White Volvo 660 singled long w/ VED12 465 3.58 - Eaton Fuller Auto-shift 10spd. 3 pedal- Onan QD 6500 Gen. (aka "Joyrider")

2010 Carriage Royals International 36MAX1 w/ MORryde IS, G114's 17.5" wheels, (SOLD)

2014 Honda CRV AWD (ready to flat tow but driven separately by my DW!

Class of 2016 Full-Timers

Archived