• partner 80 +
    • partner 70 - 79
    • partner 60 - 69
    • partner 50 - 59
    • partner 40 - 49
    • partner 30 - 39
    • partner 20 - 29
    • partner under 20

Tooooo many folks think of age as a physical thing rather than a mental thing. Sure the body creaks and groans as we get older. But if you let the mind get the better of the body then age can be irrelevant. Think positive as you hobble across that 6 lane highway!!!! :wacko:

As for RVing in 50 years. I wouldn't worry about how the RV will evolve rather I would be more worried about how campgrounds and camping in general evolves. Every day there are more restrictions, more rules and regulations in our lives. Special interest groups have a louder voice than RVers so beware of future restrictions.

regards

I'm 72 and Sharon is exactly 2 years older. We have the same birthday. Makes it hard to say I forgot your birthday! Married for 47 years.

RV'ing and/or camping for 47 years together. Our first camping trip was sleeping in the back of my station wagon about 3 months after we were married. Not sure you would call that RV'ing.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Only the second one for the 30-40 age group. 37yo and my fuzzy partners in crime are 6 and 8. I will be 38 when I finally move into my 5'er next year, and obviously still working.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

I suspect that there are others who hang out with the X-scapers but don't spend much time here.

Is there a separate forum for Xscapers? I though this was the only one? I'd like to visit and comment on both.

I'm 44, after my 45th next August 2017 I'd like to FT if all my planning falls into place.

Hi, Tim here I'm an Xscaper Planning for FT September 2017. Currently in Austin TX.

event.png

Is there a separate forum for Xscapers? I though this was the only one? I'd like to visit and comment on both.

As far as I know, this is the only forum Escapees have but there is a second website that is more pointed to the younger, and still working members of our group. When you join Escapees it makes you a part of both groups.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Here is where the Xcapers will be meeting in the next few months. If you're in the area this would be a great time to get involved with this group. I believe they also have a Facebook site which would have an ongoing conversation.

https://xscapers.com/events/convergences

Also go to this blogger's site and I believe they were involved in getting the group started. Search on their site for 'xcapers' and many posts come up.

www.technomadia.com

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Format may "skew" the results due to age category overlaps....

Poll choice/s example

(span used for all age groups):

age 60 to 70

age 70 to 80

If you -or your significant other- are age 70.....which category are you?

Options should be -

61 to 70

71 to 80

I'm "midway," but the DW is right at the "flip a coin" age choice selection.

Guess I'd better make her (range) ten years younger, huh?

I forget how old I am but I must be retired and over 65 as I get a SS check. Wife says she is a lot younger than me.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

This looks like 3/4 of us on these forums are past the age of 60. While that isn't too surprising for a mostly retired group, it sure demonstrates the club's need to recruit younger RV folks and the introduction of the X-scapers program. I welcome those younger folks to the forums and hope that more will join in, but I also remember being reluctant to join into the groups of "older than us" RV folks back when we were at the lower end of that age range.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

This looks like 3/4 of us on these forums are past the age of 60. While that isn't too surprising for a mostly retired group, it sure demonstrates the club's need to recruit younger RV folks and the introduction of the X-scapers program. I welcome those younger folks to the forums and hope that more will join in, but I also remember being reluctant to join into the groups of "older than us" RV folks back when we were at the lower end of that age range.

I actually enjoy the company of older folks...a lot of that has to do with the stories they have to tell and the things they have lived through and the experiences they have had. The stories are what makes y'all so much fun to sit around a fire pit with

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

I actually enjoy the company of older folks...a lot of that has to do with the stories they have to tell and the things they have lived through and the experiences they have had. The stories are what makes y'all so much fun to sit around a fire pit with

You'll learn to use your imagination , too . :D

Goes around , comes around .

I was thinking about this recently. I think I qualify as a Gen X'r but I'm more Gen Y/millennial, and my wife is definitely a millennial. I have noticed from our collective FB friends that there are only a couple people our age or close to our age that have RV's or want RV's. And we try to do our part of playing up the freedom and enjoyment that RVing brings, by posting pictures and write ups of our adventures. If I were in charge of Marketing to younger generations, I'd be very nervous on how to do that. I am hoping that RVing and full timing becomes more of a norm for my generation, but I don't see it happening until they get older and have kids, etc.

But then I realized, that RVing seems to be staying strong, since the near retirement age group always seems to latch onto the idea, thus filling the ranks of those who have departed. If I were trying to to increase the cultural desire to RV, I would personally focus on the next near or at retirement group, which I guess are the baby boomers?

Archived