Class A shock absorbers

Stiff ride is the biggest weakness of the current Ford chassis, in my opinion. I went to Monroe shocks that we recommended by an RV tech writer (whose name I can't now recall) as being softer than Bilstein shocks and at one time the Ford came with shocks made for them by Bilstein, although I'm not sure it is true today. I'd think that any of the adjustable shocks would have the ability also for making the ride less stiff. The biggest thing that I found to be helpful in eliminating the stiff ride of our F-53 chassis was getting accurate wheel weights and reducing the tire inflation pressure to that recommended in the tire manufacturer's inflation tables. If you are presently running the inflation pressure from the tire sidewall, it is probably significantly higher than needed and so eliminates much of the shock absorbing abilities of the tires.

At the same time. I had a 4 wheel weight performed, and took 20 lbs out of the front and 15 out of the rear. Suspect that may have helped as well - or more.

I'd bet you that if you had do the inflation adjustment first, you would have found it to have been more than half of the improvement. The reason for inflation charts is that tires are intended to be part of the absorption of bumps and vibrations in ride and handling. When the tire is inflated to maximum with less weight on it that makes it hard and prevents it acting as a cushion as it should. It also means the tire is more likely to be damaged when you hit something hard since it can't flex to absorb the impact.